Task Scheduler

I have several tasks scheduled on my windows 2000 server. They have been
running with no problem for the last year. Three weeks ago They stopped
logging on. The error message that I get in my "SchedLgu.txt" file is
"0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon
type at this computer." I can open the properties on the task, reenter the
password, and the task will run the next scheduled time. The next day it
will not run, with the same error. HELP!!!! PLLLLEASE!!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about task scheduler

    Hi,

    Do you use Administrator or some other account for this scheduled job?

    Mike

    "JoeElla" <JoeElla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have several tasks scheduled on my windows 2000 server. They have been
    > running with no problem for the last year. Three weeks ago They stopped
    > logging on. The error message that I get in my "SchedLgu.txt" file is
    > "0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested
    logon
    > type at this computer." I can open the properties on the task, reenter
    the
    > password, and the task will run the next scheduled time. The next day it
    > will not run, with the same error. HELP!!!! PLLLLEASE!!!!

    Try enabling auditing of logon events for successes and failure and privilege use for
    failure on that computer and look in the security log in Event Viewer to see if
    failed logons are recorded and if it gives a reason why. Though I have never had that
    problem my self the error suggest that the user used for the Scheduled Task does not
    have the right to logon locally to that computer or possibly another user right that
    may be needed. I would also use Local Security Manager to view the "effective" user
    rights for logon locally to see it they are correct. --- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/datacenter/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/windowsserv/2003/datacenter/proddocs/en-us/518.asp

    "JoeElla" <JoeElla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have several tasks scheduled on my windows 2000 server. They have been
    > running with no problem for the last year. Three weeks ago They stopped
    > logging on. The error message that I get in my "SchedLgu.txt" file is
    > "0x80070569: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon
    > type at this computer." I can open the properties on the task, reenter the
    > password, and the task will run the next scheduled time. The next day it
    > will not run, with the same error. HELP!!!! PLLLLEASE!!!!

Windows