System not asking password

Hi!
I am using Win2000 professional. when I am connecting from
win98 machine, it is not asking any password. how to solve
the problem. thanks for any help.
krish
1 answer Last reply
More about system password

    Hi,

    * Do you logon to your Windows 98 with same username and same password as on
    your Windows 2000?
    * On Windows 2000 shares check permissions to make sure that Everyone is not
    granted permissions to the share (it is by default). You can remove Everyone
    from share permission and give this right to e.g. Authenticated Users...

    To check permissions on your Windows 2000 computer right click on shared
    folder and select Properties. Here select Sharing tab and Permission button.
    Click on Add and add Authenticated users and give them appropriate
    permissions (e.g. Read) Remove Everyone group from the list.

    I hope this helps,

    Mike

    "KRISH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    > I am using Win2000 professional. when I am connecting from
    > win98 machine, it is not asking any password. how to solve
    > the problem. thanks for any help.
    > krish

Security Microsoft Windows