System not asking password

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 10, 2004 3:49:43 AM

Hi!
I am using Win2000 professional. when I am connecting from
win98 machine, it is not asking any password. how to solve
the problem. thanks for any help.
krish

More about : system password

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 10, 2004 5:42:57 PM

Hi,

* Do you logon to your Windows 98 with same username and same password as on
your Windows 2000?
* On Windows 2000 shares check permissions to make sure that Everyone is not
granted permissions to the share (it is by default). You can remove Everyone
from share permission and give this right to e.g. Authenticated Users...

To check permissions on your Windows 2000 computer right click on shared
folder and select Properties. Here select Sharing tab and Permission button.
Click on Add and add Authenticated users and give them appropriate
permissions (e.g. Read) Remove Everyone group from the list.

I hope this helps,

Mike

!