Sign in with
Your question

19 inch with dual connectors

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 12, 2002 10:01:00 PM

Hi I'm having trouble finding a selection of 19 inch monitors with dual 15pin connectors. I'd like any input you may have on model and manufacturer.

Thanks

More about : inch dual connectors

June 14, 2002 2:46:57 AM

wait a tic.. why would there be more than one connection to a monitor? i don't think they're able to support that. You can't have two processes going on on one monitor.

Time is the best teacher... unfortunatly, it kills all of its students.
June 14, 2002 3:45:33 PM

There are many 21” monitors with dual inputs, however I don’t know of any 19”

The reason for two inputs is simple. Many people like myself have two machines and not enough desk space for two monitors. Having dual inputs allows yu to switch between machines quickly and easily. Switch boxes and KVM degrade the video signal and cause ghosting on the screen.

Jim Witkowski
Chief Hardware Engineer
Cornerstone / MOnitorsdirect.com

<A HREF="http://www.monitorsdirect.com" target="_new">MonitorsDirect.com</A>
Related resources
June 14, 2002 7:26:16 PM

in THG guide "Comparison: Twelve 19" CRT Monitors", one the monitors that have dual 15-pin inputs is the Iiyama Vision Master Pro 454.
June 14, 2002 8:34:26 PM

Yeah I saw that one (Ilyama) but no one sells it except CDW and their price isn;t the best.
June 18, 2002 6:36:21 PM

The Sony G420S (19") has more than one input... it has a built in 15pin cable and an additional connector. There is a switch on the front of the monitor to switch the two. It also happens to be a GREAT monitor (.24~.25dp Trinitron tube)... but a bit on the pricey side (I got mine for $340+shipping). I highly recommend it however!

For the earlier poster--more than one input to the same monitor is GREAT... I frequently run large programs that take hours upon a time to finish (and effectively render the computer dead). BUT, I have my old P2 here, and with a simple switch, I can go over to the P2 and browse the internet (or post on silly forums <grin>) without having to have two monitors taking up unheard of amounts of space. :) 
June 26, 2002 10:44:18 AM

scan computers www.scan.co.uk sells the 19" Ilyamas we have 3 and they are exceptional (one runs a mac and a pc and is so useful).
February 8, 2003 7:21:02 AM

i got a 20" monitor with dual connectors, one for signal in, one for signal out. is this what you're looking for?
these arent HD15 connectors, but 13w3 connectors
most high end PC monitors have dual inputs (VGA + 5 BNC)
but not outputs (mine is an SGI workstation monitor btw)
February 12, 2003 2:11:49 PM

Well, this is a bit of an old thread, but just for the record, I have a CTX PR960 that has dual inputs (though one is BNC).

But be forwarned... It was a nice monitor when new, but it died after about 6 months. I sent it in for warranty work, and although it did work again when they returned it, it was really screwed up. It had evidence of physical damage, and the right 25% of the screen is completely discolored. I spent months leaving messages, sending emails, and trying to convince receptionists to give me someone live. I got no where with them, and have been living with this screwed up monitor for years now. I just (last night) ordered an NEC FP912SB to replace it, as I can't take the screwed up picture any more, but I'm having to give up the dual inputs.

So if you need dual inputs, this is an option, BUT BEWARE CTX's RELIABILITY AND SERVICE!!!! You don't need both inputs to be HD15, you can use BNC inputs, and just use a BNC cable (which has HD15 on the other end). BNC cables generally give you a better signal anyway. Hell, I've got one I'll sell you since I won't be using the BNC cable any more.
!