Sign in with
Your question

How to resize Windows 7 partition?

Last response: in Windows 7
November 25, 2009 12:36:56 PM

Windows 7 has been released for one month, many computer users have upgraded from old Windows version or installed Windows 7. Yes, new features of Windows 7 are wonderful, but there is a common problem Windows 7 users should pay attention to – partition size.

If you have installed Windows 7, you may find that the system partition free space become lower and lower, as basic Windows 7 installation requirement is 16GB and you have to install many other application. How to solve this problem? Backup all files, delete all partition, recreate partitions, restore? No, what a time-consuming job. Why not resize Windows 7 partition without so much complex works?

If you get ready for Windows 7, you'd better resize the system partition to be large enough and it will solve many problems after you installed Windows 7.

How to resize Windows 7 partition? This is easy, you can do it with free partition software, see this detailed method http://www.hdd-tool.com/partition-manager/extend-window...
a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 25, 2009 2:29:59 PM

Or you could just use the Disk Management wizard built into Windows 7. No need for a third party application to do it for you.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 6, 2009 5:58:24 PM

Why anyone would spend money on a new operating system and then try to squeeze it in on a partition barely large enough, is totally beyond me.
Large drives have been cheap for a long time. Newegg have 500GB Seagate for $49.99 free shipping, I would just add a new drive before getting a new OS if space was that short.
m
l
Related resources
December 10, 2009 1:05:42 AM

Jonmor68 said:
Why anyone would spend money on a new operating system and then try to squeeze it in on a partition barely large enough, is totally beyond me.
Large drives have been cheap for a long time. Newegg have 500GB Seagate for $49.99 free shipping, I would just add a new drive before getting a new OS if space was that short.

Because, like me, you may have a notebook with only one drive that when purchased had the OS installed on a partition that takes up 95% of a 500 GB drive. What I want is to put the OS and all programs on a 100 to 200 GB partition and then put all my data on another partition. This way I can make an image of my OS partition that can be easilly restored if it gets corrupted and my data is separate from the OS partition...

cheers!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 20, 2009 6:55:41 AM

Great thread for SPAM. You can pick up these sort of utilities for free; don't waste your bucks on commercial software from companies who can't even afford to advertise properly and have to resort to spamming forums.
m
l
!