Uninstall Problems

I have had a number of recent problems unintalling applications in order to
reinstall them when files have been corrupted or gone missing. Is it
possible that there is a problem with my Installshield Wizard?

More likely post installation problems. Try running this utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

"fshoff" <fshoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have had a number of recent problems unintalling applications in order to
> reinstall them when files have been corrupted or gone missing. Is it
> possible that there is a problem with my Installshield Wizard?

..Thanks.
I ran it previously after an unsuccessfule uninstall of Norton Internet
Security 2005, followed by a manual uninstall of files and registry settings.
Not clear about when to run it, i.e. now unable to uninstall iTunes 4.7.1 to
permit reinstall (some files and settings currently missing or corrupted).
When I check the list on Windows Installer Clean Up, it contains iTunes
4.6.015. I am also having current problems with NIS 2005 and it shows many
related items. Should I remove these prior to an uninstall and reinstall or
try the uninstall and then remove them if they remain? Should I simply
remove all items shown on the list whether I am having problems with the
related applications or not. The accompanying text does not give much of a
feeling about what the Installer Clean Up is actually doing.