GreenfeetNick

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
I need some assistance badly!! I am trying to build my first computer and have an MSI KN8-SLI motherboard that I am trying to fit into an ASUS Vento extreme case. I put the mounting posts into the holes on the case and the I/O shield that came with the motherboard in the case. When I try to mount the motherboard to the posts, I cannot (for 30 mins) get the I/O shield to match the ports on the motherboard. It seems like the posts put it too high. I am STUCK!!! Any help is extremely appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

GreenfeetNick

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
OK, I calmed down and it looks like the Vento has built in risers. The motherboard only has six screw holes, but there are nine risers. If I don't use all of them, do I risk shorting out my motherboard?

cutthroat

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Edit: I should read better

Ok, for the right answer...

Are the risers metal? Are they gonna touch something on the back of the mobo that can be shorted? Maybe you will be doing some modding, a little rubber on top of the unused riser should insulate it.

GreenfeetNick

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
The risers are metal, but I don't think they'll be touching anything. The motherboard has holes at all of the riser locations, but the screw hole is partially blocked on three of them, which leaves just the six to actually screw to the case.

Thanks for the help so far!!