NWN Platinum Edition and CEP

Does the Platinum Edition come with the CEP?

Green Jelly wrote:
> Does the Platinum Edition come with the CEP?

No, the CEP is a community project. Atari can't publish it due to
intellectual property concerns.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Green Jelly wrote:
> Its still a billion hour download *frown*

This, of course, begs the question: why do you need CEP so badly? You
can't use it with any of the official campaigns (without doing a lot of
work). Is there some user-made module you are dying to play that
requires CEP? Or are you planning on building your own module using CEP?
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Mox 13 wrote:
> Then, after you download CEP, and get it installed and it does not work. You
> get to download the 81.2MB 1.66 Critical Rebuild patch from Bioware. Just
> turn that frown upside down. <S>

Wait, it doesn't work? I downloaded it recently and played through the
CEP demo module and it seemed to be working. Does it hose something in
the OC/SOU/HOTU?

"knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Mox 13 wrote:
>> Then, after you download CEP, and get it installed and it does not work.
>> You
>> get to download the 81.2MB 1.66 Critical Rebuild patch from Bioware. Just
>> turn that frown upside down. <S>
>
> Wait, it doesn't work? I downloaded it recently and played through the
> CEP demo module and it seemed to be working. Does it hose something in
> the OC/SOU/HOTU?

My installation was patched to 1.65 when I installed CEP. When I tried to
run the demo module I got an error message saying I need to auto update or
apply the most recent patch. I knew that CEP should work with 1.65 so I went
to the website and read the CEP FAQ. In the FAQ I found out that you could
get that error message if a previous patch had failed or been corrupted. It
suggested applying the Critical Rebuild patch. I did that and all is well.
The demo ran fine and the non CEP module (Harpers Tale) that I am currently
playing seems fine.

Mox

"Barry Scott Will" <nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote in message
> Green Jelly wrote:
>> Its still a billion hour download *frown*
>

> This, of course, begs the question: why do you need CEP so badly? You
> can't use it with any of the official campaigns (without doing a lot of
> work). Is there some user-made module you are dying to play that
> requires CEP? Or are you planning on building your own module using CEP?
> --
> Barry Scott Will
> Pyric RPG Publications
> http://www.pyric.com/

Naw, I don't need it that bad. It would just be nice to be able to look
through the list of HAKPacks and such without having to consider the size of
the file, length of the download, or what friends computer to ask to use. I
have GetRight, but its still a long download. I guess its time to seriously
consider DSL or Cable *grins*

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 06:37:16 GMT, "Green Jelly" <time@space.com>
wrote:

>"Barry Scott Will" <nwn_usenet@cavecreations.net> wrote in message
>> Green Jelly wrote:
>>> Its still a billion hour download *frown*
>>

>> This, of course, begs the question: why do you need CEP so badly? You
>> can't use it with any of the official campaigns (without doing a lot of
>> work). Is there some user-made module you are dying to play that
>> requires CEP? Or are you planning on building your own module using CEP?
>> --
>> Barry Scott Will
>> Pyric RPG Publications
>> http://www.pyric.com/
>
>Naw, I don't need it that bad. It would just be nice to be able to look
>through the list of HAKPacks and such without having to consider the size of
>the file, length of the download, or what friends computer to ask to use. I
>have GetRight, but its still a long download. I guess its time to seriously
>consider DSL or Cable *grins*

Verizon Online in the eastern seaboard of the US is now offering a
$14.95/mo 768kbps/128kbps DSL package. Cheap as dial-up now.

Green Jelly wrote:
> Does the Platinum Edition come with the CEP?
what is CEP?

Mikael Schøler wrote:
> Green Jelly wrote:
>
>> Does the Platinum Edition come with the CEP?
>
> what is CEP?

Community Expansion Project. It is, basically, a super-mega combination
Hak Pak.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Barry Scott Will wrote:
> Mikael Schøler wrote:
>
>>Green Jelly wrote:
>>

>>>Does the Platinum Edition come with the CEP?
>>
>>what is CEP?
>

> Community Expansion Project. It is, basically, a super-mega combination
> Hak Pak.
Ah okey.. Haven't been playing NwN for a long time. Kinda got stuck
after I finished the original one.. Heard there are even new patches out
for the whole thing..