Win 2K Secure Log In "Cntrl+Alt+Del"

TW

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Good Day All. Using a Win 2K PC, we opened and changed
the Network ID. It was on a Domain w/High Security.
Friend visiting wanted to be on our LAN, a MS Workgroup.
We made the change using the wizard from her Work's Domain
to my Workgroup (she wanted to use the printer). When the
PC Restarted, it prompted (as normal) a Ctrl+Alt+Del
Secure Log In. She put her info in, but we were not
allowed to log on to her PC.
Is there any reason, other than the wrong ID or Password,
that we would now be unable to log on?

Please Help if Poss.

Thanks,

TW

Hi,

Once is remove computer from domain, you can only use local computer
accounts ("computer doesn't trust domain any more"). There are few accounts
that are created when you install Windows. One of them is Administrator and
another would be Guest account. If you know administrator password, you can
logon. If you don't know the password, you will have to take computer to
your domain administrator who should know the local administrator password
and will be able to add computer back to domain.

Note that you don't have to remove computer from domain to participate in
Workgroup network. You can access shares and printer by e.g. \\server\share
or \\192.168.0.1\share where 192.168.0.1 is IP of your server. Same can be
applied to printers.

Mike

"TW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good Day All. Using a Win 2K PC, we opened and changed
> the Network ID. It was on a Domain w/High Security.
> Friend visiting wanted to be on our LAN, a MS Workgroup.
> We made the change using the wizard from her Work's Domain
> to my Workgroup (she wanted to use the printer). When the
> PC Restarted, it prompted (as normal) a Ctrl+Alt+Del
> Secure Log In. She put her info in, but we were not
> allowed to log on to her PC.
> Is there any reason, other than the wrong ID or Password,
> that we would now be unable to log on?
>
> Please Help if Poss.
>
> Thanks,
>
> TW