Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Games
  • Windows Vista
  • 3D
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 13, 2007 8:33:59 AM

Hi, when i try to play any game or to execute any 3D aplication the system hangs, i read comments about other people who have the same problem... anyone knows what happens with this card ?

cheers

More about : 1950xt problem windows vista

February 13, 2007 6:57:46 PM

Basicaly when the x1950xt changes from 2D to 3D clock speeds it requires more power...only thing is taht for whatever reason this will crash the card with the 7.1 vista drivers. Basicaly the only "fix" is do dissable the CCC which is what changes the clock speeds. these '7.2' unofficial drivers http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/ATI/ATI... will let games work...but no 3D clock speeds, so games should play slower than in XP (though I have noticed that I have a few games that run just as good or only lost 2-3 FPS)
February 13, 2007 7:54:32 PM

but why in XP runs great with the same 7.1 drivers ? is a vista problem then ?
another thing that happens to me is when i start the computer the MB fan turns slower to fast and fast to slower all the time, only with the 1950XT, i don't understand.
Related resources
February 13, 2007 7:57:18 PM

Here is the thing...they are NOT the same drivers as the XP drivers. It is possible that it is either a Vista problem or a bad job in the coding of the Vista drivers. As for a fan going up and down that has nothing to do with the OS, that is a problem with the mobo and bios.
February 13, 2007 8:00:31 PM

the curious thing is the fan only runs bad when is the 1950xt connected, when i start the computer with a x800xt this does not happen. 8O

About the drivers i expect the 7.2 official drivers for vista fix this problem :cry: 
!