Newegg disappointed

addiktet

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
Just sharing my Newegg experience.

So Monday Feb 14 I place my order with newegg for my new comp build in the hopes that i would have it the following weekend.

Due to the shipping/billing address not being the same they withheld the processing for confirmation. I understand that this is for both parties involved protection but what i donot understand is the fact that they took 5 hours to inform me via Email there fore insuring another day wasted. Well i called and ended up canceling that order to redo the account on my wifes so they would match. Guess what they put a hold on my bank account for the original order.(Not a charge i understand but it still ties up a rather large sum of cash for 3-5 business days). So i called to get them to send a releasal notice to my bank and was told to get a fax number for my bank and send it to them in an email and they would take care of it. It has now been 4 days and they haven't sent anything to my bank regarding release of funds. Oh well tommorrow will be day 5 and should drop the hold itself.

Now concerning the new order with my wife's account/cc. I placed the order aprox 9:30 am tuesday the 15th with the extra charge for fast billing ( lol ) my cc was finally charged at 2/15 7:51 pm. glad a sprung for fast.

Now for packaging and shipping...

(Shipped from Edison, NJ)
Shipping Time: 2/16/2011 10:01:00 AM

So from order to ship it took them about 24.5 hours. Not bad if i hadn't paid for speedy service. I expected it to be shipped same day but now i wont receive my parts till after the weekend..

I have no idea what condition the parts will be in when they get here but for the most part people dont have an issue with that so I will keep high hopes.

All in all i can say that I won't be using newegg again as the simple act of buying thier Items has turned me off of them. If you are considering buying from newegg keep this in mind and also understand my experience may not be yours.

thanks

For future buys from NE, I'd recommend getting a NewEgg Preferred Account (if you have decent credit). It makes things that much quicker and it automatically puts your order at the top of the list in terms of priority. For example, I ordered a laptop AC adapter Monday around 5PM (CST) and it was here the next day around noon (I paid for one day shipping).

addiktet

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
The only trouble i have with that is the fact that i spent a decent amount with them and now i find out that someone with a preferred account may have caused me to miss same day shipping as they are better than me in the eyes of newegg?

Not really the sort of thing that makes me want to run out and give them my CC info. treat me right and I may don't treat me like crap and tell me you will treat me better if I put access to my cc on file.

I will simply deal with tigerdirect. i made the mistake of greed this time by trying to save a few dollars.

Feb 24, 2006
Dear addiktet,

We try to provide our customers the best shopping experience possible. I apologize this order has caused you this inconvenience. It sounds like billing and shipping address verification delayed this orders initial processing. I encourage you to please contact me at Maverick.B.Iniguez@newegg.com or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062 to provide me with your sales order number to review your orders details and see what can be done to expedite this process.

Thanks,
Newegg.com

lapoltba

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012

Here's some advice for newegg I feel you should pass on internally.... Ditch the bank you farm out all your preferred accounts to and find one that isn't going to waste your customer's time. Their customer service is downright pathetic and trying to get an order through is impossible. A $150 order goes through just fine, only to have the other part ($1000) denied for no good reason. All their support people can tell you to do is wait a few days and try again later. I'm sorry but that doesn't work when Newegg has daily deals you want to get. What good is 0% financing when you can't even get the invoice paid for?

I've been fighting with them for the past 3 days trying to order my new build and haven't gotten anywhere. I've talked to 5 different people and faxed in proof of address twice now. Newegg support pretty much says "it's not our problem, call the preferred account support number"

@lapoltba

you do realize that this thread is almost a year old right? no need to necro it again.

while i might agree that newegg needs to charge their banking partner to eliminate such problems as yours its not entirely neweggs fault. in any case, if the banking partner denies you...you could just order the old-fashioned way with a credit card and be done with it.