No article for KB873374?

I just updated windows again and got a package
called "Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool (KB873374)" yet
there is no help or KB article with that number that I can
find.

Has anyone found a link expalining what this is?

Edmond Duggan wrote:

> I just updated windows again and got a package
> called "Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool (KB873374)" yet
> there is no help or KB article with that number that I can
> find.
>
> Has anyone found a link expalining what this is?
Hi

See "Frequently asked questions (FAQ) related to this security update"
under the General section here:

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028
Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS04-028.mspx

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Torgeir Bakken (MVP) wrote:

> Edmond Duggan wrote:
>
>> I just updated windows again and got a package called "Microsoft GDI+
>> Detection Tool (KB873374)" yet there is no help or KB article with
>> that number that I can find.
>> Has anyone found a link expalining what this is?
>
> Hi
>
> See "Frequently asked questions (FAQ) related to this security update"
> under the General section here:
>
> Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028
> Buffer Overrun in JPEG Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution
> (833987)
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS04-028.mspx

and now the KB article is alive as well:

Description of the Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool: September 14, 2004

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

TRENDING THREADS