50 tpwfxx.dll files in WINNT dir, what are these files?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 14, 2004 8:56:29 PM

While looking thru my WINNT folder, I noticed some strange files :
tpwfxx.dll. The xx refers to the number following the tpwf. From 01 -
50,
The type description is an application extension and the file size
ranges
from 33 - 39 kb. all the files show a last modified date of 4/3/97.
I'm running Win2k. Any thoughts as to what these files are would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 5:49:09 AM

If that computer was upgraded from an older operating system they may have been from
the old OS based on the age. I would not be too concerned if your computer runs well
and virus and parasite scans report nothing found. Critical system files will also be
found in the dllcache folder. If you want you could copy them to another directory
for a while and if everything runs fine including all of your applications go ahead
and delete them or archive them into a zip file for a month or so and then delete.
You can use the listdlls utility from SysInternals to dump currently used dlls if you
want to see if they are being used when you run particular applications. --- Steve

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/listdlls.sht...

!