Windows 2000 Security Principal

Hi!

When Windows 2000 is loading, a message about applying
Security Principal is displayed for some 20 seconds or so.
I think this is a very long time, considering that I have a
computer with an AMD Athlon 2.8 GHz processor.
Does anyone know why this takes so long time?

Regards,
Mattias Sjöberg
3 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 security principal

    Hi,

    There is probarbly files or services loading in start up.

    Does the same issue occur in safe mode?

    I would advise you copying the msconfig utiulity from an XP machine and load
    the file onto your desktop

    Double click the utitlity and disable start up and services and test.

    Regards,
    Kit

    "Mattias Sjöberg" wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > When Windows 2000 is loading, a message about applying
    > Security Principal is displayed for some 20 seconds or so.
    > I think this is a very long time, considering that I have a
    > computer with an AMD Athlon 2.8 GHz processor.
    > Does anyone know why this takes so long time?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Mattias Sjöberg

    I'm guessing that it actually says, "applying security settings....", rather
    than anything to do with security principal? If this is the case then it is
    applying the computer policy settings that are configured in your Group
    Policy settings. Depending on how many settings you have this can take some
    time. 20 seconds sounds about normal to me, but if you're unhappy about it
    have a look at what settings are being applied. You can use the GPMC snap-in
    to do this.

    Tony
    MVP - Directory Services
    www.activedir.org

    "Mattias Sjöberg" wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > When Windows 2000 is loading, a message about applying
    > Security Principal is displayed for some 20 seconds or so.
    > I think this is a very long time, considering that I have a
    > computer with an AMD Athlon 2.8 GHz processor.
    > Does anyone know why this takes so long time?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Mattias Sjöberg

    That can be normal for applying security and user settings, particularly if this is a
    domain computer. If there is a configuration or networking problem often errors will
    be recorded in system and application log in Event Viewer. --- Steve

    "Mattias Sjöberg" <mattias_x@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    Hi!

    When Windows 2000 is loading, a message about applying
    Security Principal is displayed for some 20 seconds or so.
    I think this is a very long time, considering that I have a
    computer with an AMD Athlon 2.8 GHz processor.
    Does anyone know why this takes so long time?

    Regards,
    Mattias Sjöberg

Security Windows 2000 Windows