Sony Rear Projection TVs?

I was wondering if anyone out there has a Sony 46" Widescreen HD-Ready
Rear-Projection TV w/ DVI Input tv???? If so what are some pros or cons
for this set?? It's priced at 1499.99(USA) is that a reasonable price??

Also if anyone has any other rear projection tv's are they worth it,
reliable, easy to use/set-up, maintenance free??? I have a cable connection
incase anyone was wondering.

I thank anyone who can give me any feedback on personal use of this set or
similar system.
6 answers Last reply
More about sony rear projection

    I have had a Read projection LCD by Hatichi for about 3 months.

    I just got through watching a HD program OTA, it was perfect, I could be any
    more satisfied.
    But ! I paid more then that as mine is a 50 inch, Model 50V500A.

    It is beautiful in HD.

    "Kari & Chad Hoffart" <ndsioux@hotmail.net> wrote in message
    > I was wondering if anyone out there has a Sony 46" Widescreen HD-Ready
    > Rear-Projection TV w/ DVI Input tv???? If so what are some pros or cons
    > for this set?? It's priced at 1499.99(USA) is that a reasonable price??
    >
    > Also if anyone has any other rear projection tv's are they worth it,
    > reliable, easy to use/set-up, maintenance free??? I have a cable
    connection
    > incase anyone was wondering.
    >
    > I thank anyone who can give me any feedback on personal use of this set or
    > similar system.

    How is your rear projection tv without watching a HD program? I have just
    regular cable, and not digital cable as of yet, will it make the picture
    noticeably worse without digital cable or HD programming?

    "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
    > I have had a Read projection LCD by Hatichi for about 3 months.
    >
    > I just got through watching a HD program OTA, it was perfect, I could be
    any
    > more satisfied.
    > But ! I paid more then that as mine is a 50 inch, Model 50V500A.
    >
    > It is beautiful in HD.
    >
    > "Kari & Chad Hoffart" <ndsioux@hotmail.net> wrote in message
    > > I was wondering if anyone out there has a Sony 46" Widescreen HD-Ready
    > > Rear-Projection TV w/ DVI Input tv???? If so what are some pros or
    cons
    > > for this set?? It's priced at 1499.99(USA) is that a reasonable price??
    > >
    > > Also if anyone has any other rear projection tv's are they worth it,
    > > reliable, easy to use/set-up, maintenance free??? I have a cable
    > connection
    > > incase anyone was wondering.
    > >
    > > I thank anyone who can give me any feedback on personal use of this set
    or
    > > similar system.

    Notice poor quality using analog low resolution signals and digitalized low
    resolution signals, HD will look great.
    > How is your rear projection tv without watching a HD program? I have just
    > regular cable, and not digital cable as of yet, will it make the picture
    > noticeably worse without digital cable or HD programming?
    >
    > "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
    > > I have had a Read projection LCD by Hatichi for about 3 months.
    > >
    > > I just got through watching a HD program OTA, it was perfect, I could be
    > any
    > > more satisfied.
    > > But ! I paid more then that as mine is a 50 inch, Model 50V500A.
    > >
    > > It is beautiful in HD.
    > >
    > > "Kari & Chad Hoffart" <ndsioux@hotmail.net> wrote in message
    > > > I was wondering if anyone out there has a Sony 46" Widescreen HD-Ready
    > > > Rear-Projection TV w/ DVI Input tv???? If so what are some pros or
    > cons
    > > > for this set?? It's priced at 1499.99(USA) is that a reasonable
    price??

    > > > Also if anyone has any other rear projection tv's are they worth it,
    > > > reliable, easy to use/set-up, maintenance free??? I have a cable
    > > connection
    > > > incase anyone was wondering.
    > > >
    > > > I thank anyone who can give me any feedback on personal use of this
    set
    > or
    > > > similar system.

    Mine is pretty good I keep it at 16.9 all the thime. I have no Box, the Box
    made all analog worse then without. I had the SA 8000 HD and they took it
    back.

    "Kari & Chad Hoffart" <ndsioux@hotmail.net> wrote in message
    > How is your rear projection tv without watching a HD program? I have just
    > regular cable, and not digital cable as of yet, will it make the picture
    > noticeably worse without digital cable or HD programming?
    >
    > "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
    > > I have had a Read projection LCD by Hatichi for about 3 months.
    > >
    > > I just got through watching a HD program OTA, it was perfect, I could be
    > any
    > > more satisfied.
    > > But ! I paid more then that as mine is a 50 inch, Model 50V500A.
    > >
    > > It is beautiful in HD.
    > >
    > > "Kari & Chad Hoffart" <ndsioux@hotmail.net> wrote in message
    > > > I was wondering if anyone out there has a Sony 46" Widescreen HD-Ready
    > > > Rear-Projection TV w/ DVI Input tv???? If so what are some pros or
    > cons
    > > > for this set?? It's priced at 1499.99(USA) is that a reasonable
    price??

    > > > Also if anyone has any other rear projection tv's are they worth it,
    > > > reliable, easy to use/set-up, maintenance free??? I have a cable
    > > connection
    > > > incase anyone was wondering.
    > > >
    > > > I thank anyone who can give me any feedback on personal use of this
    set
    > or
    > > > similar system.

    Are you using a rear projection tv? If so which model?
    "Art" <plotsligt@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Notice poor quality using analog low resolution signals and digitalized
    low
    > resolution signals, HD will look great.
    > "Kari & Chad Hoffart" <ndsioux@hotmail.net> wrote in message
    > > How is your rear projection tv without watching a HD program? I have
    just
    > > regular cable, and not digital cable as of yet, will it make the picture
    > > noticeably worse without digital cable or HD programming?
    > >
    > > "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
    > > > I have had a Read projection LCD by Hatichi for about 3 months.
    > > >
    > > > I just got through watching a HD program OTA, it was perfect, I could
    be
    > > any
    > > > more satisfied.
    > > > But ! I paid more then that as mine is a 50 inch, Model 50V500A.
    > > >
    > > > It is beautiful in HD.
    > > >
    > > > "Kari & Chad Hoffart" <ndsioux@hotmail.net> wrote in message
    HD-Ready
    > > cons
    > price??

    > > > connection

    > set
    > > or

    Service the flipping things Gov, all makes and models for many years.
    Generally the regular analog NTSC signals are poor to fair quality when
    displayed on HDTV receivers, even your lovely 50V500. BTW: Hope that your
    set does not exhibit the classic "red picture scenario" that the 50V is
    known for. As for HDTV, all produce good to excellent displays.
    > Are you using a rear projection tv? If so which model?
    > "Art" <plotsligt@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > Notice poor quality using analog low resolution signals and digitalized
    > low
    > > resolution signals, HD will look great.
    > > "Kari & Chad Hoffart" <ndsioux@hotmail.net> wrote in message
    > > > How is your rear projection tv without watching a HD program? I have
    > just
    > > > regular cable, and not digital cable as of yet, will it make the
    picture
    > > > noticeably worse without digital cable or HD programming?
    > > >
    > > > "Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message

    > be
    > > > any

    > HD-Ready