password

how do i recover my forgotten administrator password from
my computer?....hurry i cant even log on to my own
computetr

some1 wrote:

> how do i recover my forgotten administrator password from
> my computer?....hurry i cant even log on to my own
> computetr

Hi

You might try to reset the local Administrator password
with one of the methods mentioned here:

http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Sandy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2002

I got the same problem. I have tried using one of the
above methods. But its not letting me install any new
software as I have a logged in as a user with no admin
rights. Please help.

sandy wrote:

> I got the same problem. I have tried using one of the
> above methods. But its not letting me install any new
> software as I have a logged in as a user with no admin
> rights. Please help.
Hi

You then need to create a bootdisk or a bootable CD from
the links in that post on another computer.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Damian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002

I recommend a new free tool for password/access troubles -
DreamPackPL.
This is the only soft that allow you to log on into any local account
without reset or time-cost cracking of existing passwords.
DreamPackPL will just turn off the password validation process. If you
dont want to log on into any existing account, then you can execute
any application (e.g. Regedit or window with accounts management) at
the logon desktop. You may also load the Explorer shell at new desktop
and work with admin privileges.
DreamPackPL have also other functions like logon mode with given hash
or hash calculator (with it you can see weakness of LM hash).
If you want to have a full control over the system, you can use Logon
Logger function (it create a log file with date, time, user name and
password).
Installation is not difficult. Just boot from prepared before CD,
copy one file to system32 directory and reboot. In order to see main
DreamPackPL window, you should enter command "dreamon" at the logon
desktop in "User name" or "Password" edit box.
To read about other commands see link below.

Site link:
http://www.d--b.webpark.pl/dreampackpl_en.htm

Regards
Damian