Too many Misleading Fanboy Posts!

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
I can't believe what I'm still seeing. AMD boytoys fighting Intel Juggernaughts for supreme control of tha galaxy.. it's sad.

Lordpope, BaronMatrix and others.. seriously can it. Your posts are misleading and borderline lies. You quote only the numbers in your posts and not the actual reasons for those numbers.

You're both amateurs and not too bright either. I'm sick of coming on here and seeing your trash posted around THG. I'm all for opinions but all you do is SPAM the boards with this cr@p.

I know a place that would be quite happy to have your trash.. it's called AMDZone.

Now so peeps don't think I'm just picking on AMD fanboys this goes for those making outlandish statements regarding Intel as well. Please keep the discussions factual, exact and informative. This childish behaviour is one of the reasons why I don't frequent Toms as much as I used to.

Oh and yes.. I run an Intel processor in my main rig, got a problem with that? Then tell it to my 4 other AMD rigs. :roll:

heartview

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
And all of this from someone with Elmo in their name... :roll:

Here is a reality check for you: people have opinions that just may, miraculously, differ from yours.

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006

Here is a reality check for you: people have opinions that just may, miraculously, differ from yours.

I dunno. I wouldn't pick a fight with a guy with adamantium claws like that. 8)

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

Opinions are nice and dandy. But to mis-lead others with posts such as this one here... CLICK ME!

Goes beyond opinion!

heartview

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Ok, but consider the source... this is someone that is fairly well known for starting threads with flame bait (similar to your thread, in fact). Have a little faith that the reader base here is not that stupid or naive. ;)

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Ok, but consider the source... this is someone that is fairly well known for starting threads with flame bait (similar to your thread, in fact). Have a little faith that the reader base here is not that stupid or naive. ;)

Ahhh my post isn't bait.. it's a flame all together. It's from a guy who's posted here quite frequently over the summer and who then left because of this garbage.

And the source is also whom I am attacking. I can & will post more often now. Each post being a direct counter-attack to this sort of viral infestation that has plagued Tom's for far too long.

Too many people are soo used to picking sides, whether it's politics (Democrat vs Republican) or Technology (Intel vs AMD) it's not the way to go. Support the product (if it's worth supporting) not the source (company). You'll find that this pragmatic approach will lead to a much happier, more informed and productive life.

Don't forget JumpingJack and his Intel paychecks! lmao, jkjk

Right now it would seem most of the fanboi problems regard 4x4 and K10 (formerly K 8 L).

Some people (read BaronMatrix and LordPope), love AMD so much that they have blinders on and only want to discuss how much AMD is going to kick butt and mislead people to think that AMD is the current performance leader.

These people call me an Intel fanboy, which is hillarious since my rig has an Opteron proc in it.

I agree with Elmo. I am getting frustrated with misleading posts. Such as:
K10 IS GUNNA BE 70% FASTER!1!

When it should have read:
K10 Quad-Core is rumored to be 70% faster than K8 Dual-Core in SOME applications

LordPope wanted us to read the title and get mislead to think that:
K10 is going to be 70% faster than Core 2 Quad

mpjesse

Splendid
I can & will post more often now. Each post being a direct counter-attack to this sort of viral infestation that has plagued Tom's for far too long.

Great idea! Add some more fuel to the fire.

Why is it so hard to ignore the people you call fan boys? 90% of the people in here do. Why can't you?

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Don't forget JumpingJack and his Intel paychecks! lmao, jkjk

Right now it would seem most of the fanboi problems regard 4x4 and K10 (formerly K 8 L).

Some people (read BaronMatrix and LordPope), love AMD so much that they have blinders on and only want to discuss how much AMD is going to kick butt and mislead people to think that AMD is the current performance leader.

These people call me an Intel fanboy, which is hillarious since my rig has an Opteron proc in it.

I agree with Elmo. I am getting frustrated with misleading posts. Such as:
K10 IS GUNNA BE 70% FASTER!1!

When it should have read:
K10 Quad-Core is rumored to be 70% faster than K8 Dual-Core in SOME applications

LordPope wanted us to read the title and get mislead to think that:
K10 is going to be 70% faster than Core 2 Quad

EXACTLY!

You nailed it. They purposely use their reputations as AMD/Intel nuts to post FUD. They make a post like K10 to be 70% faster.... but don't post to what the K10 is being compared too. That post should have read "K10 to be up to 70% faster then Dual Core Opteron"

Jumpingjack is VERY kowledgeable though. And he's not sidding with Intel because of a company preference but rather because the product is currently better. I've known Jack for a while and his knowledge is miles ahead of most.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
I can & will post more often now. Each post being a direct counter-attack to this sort of viral infestation that has plagued Tom's for far too long.

Great idea! Add some more fuel to the fire.

Why is it so hard to ignore the people you call fan boys? 90% of the people in here do. Why can't you?

Because although you would believe that users will read through the blinders it's not at all true. How many times have I seen some ridiculous statement being made in another forum with a link to one of LordPopes or BaronMatrix's posts as factual proof for that statement? I'll answer.. all too often.

It's annoying and I'm here to call on THG members to fight this crap. It DOES mislead people into making outlandish statements.. and yes, in the end buying inferior products for the money.

BTW Barney is worse then Elmo :p

heartview

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Too many people are soo used to picking sides, whether it's politics (Democrat vs Republican) or Technology (Intel vs AMD) it's not the way to go. Support the product (if it's worth supporting) not the source (company). You'll find that this pragmatic approach will lead to a much happier, more informed and productive life.

I agree completely, but I also think that you will not be able to change these people, nor will you be able to "protect" anyone else from their misguided posts. People make decisions on what to buy based on opinion at least as much as they do on "the facts". Swaying opinion is far harder that refuting incorrect "facts". And, yes, I think you know all of this already and no I don't think you're that stupid. :p

Fact is that many (most?) people do not come here to have their opinion swayed, the come here to fight for it. And this is unfortunate, because blind faith usually does not aid the follower as much as it aids those they believe in (like AMD or Intel, for instance).

So I guess I'm saying that attacking the "believers" just makes them into martyrs and hurts your apparent cause.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

I agree completely, but I also think that you will not be able to change these people, nor will you be able to "protect" anyone else from their misguided posts. People make decisions on what to buy based on opinion at least as much as they do on "the facts". Swaying opinion is far harder that refuting incorrect "facts". And, yes, I think you know all of this already and no I don't think you're that stupid. :p

Fact is that many (most?) people do not come here to have their opinion swayed, the come here to fight for it. And this is unfortunate, because blind faith usually does not aid the follower as much as it aids those they believe in (like AMD or Intel, for instance).

So I guess I'm saying that attacking the "believers" just makes them into martyrs and hurts your apparent cause.

That may be so, but it can also have the opposite effect and change people's minds. It's all about how well you can argue and how well you can present the facts.

Just Watch Me :wink:

LordPope

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
ok so when i made the thread AMD's BARCELONA SUCKS IN ORACLE

and it has like 20000 views...

i was doing this to make AMD look GOOD and mislead people to BUY AMD

you need to seriously lighten up son...and dont get so emotional

you are misguiding yourself

LordPope You have consistently proven yourself a fanboy that loves to mislead.

Below are all threads started by you. I've highlighted the most rediculous ones in red.

AMD is now saying K10 is 70% faster?????

Penryn Delayed to H1 '08

Intel allegedly paid DELL over 1 BIL not to use AMD

K8L 2.9 GHZ = Kentsfield 4.4 GhZ

Finally - the Conroe Killer in shown!

DELL already prepping its K8L Barcelona line

What will INTEL have to compete with x-Fire,4x4 K8L OCT core

Intel Can't compete in dual socket gaming

AMD states K8L aka Barcelona faster than all Intel cores

AMD's K8L engineering samples already in ODMs hands

AMD 65um shipping in OCT...45um prototype done

4.8 GHZ Kentsfield Dissapoints?

Intel to Outbid AMD and purchase ATI!

Intel moves Quad Cored to '06 in fear of AMD's 4x4

Retrolock

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
:lol: i dunno man, I rarely post here myself but I enjoy the flamewars. AMD vs Intel always makes my day :lol: . You get to learn about the processors because people here are furiously trying to outdo each other with knowledge learned and gained. So what if you think AMD fanboys post FUD, people like JJ and the others set them straight.

You should enjoy this man, it'll be freaking boring here if one company collapses altogether in the near future.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
I can't believe what I'm still seeing. AMD boytoys fighting Intel Juggernaughts for supreme control of tha galaxy.. it's sad.

Lordpope, BaronMatrix and others.. seriously can it. Your posts are misleading and borderline lies. You quote only the numbers in your posts and not the actual reasons for those numbers.

You're both amateurs and not too bright either. I'm sick of coming on here and seeing your trash posted around THG. I'm all for opinions but all you do is SPAM the boards with this cr@p.

I know a place that would be quite happy to have your trash.. it's called AMDZone.

Now so peeps don't think I'm just picking on AMD fanboys this goes for those making outlandish statements regarding Intel as well. Please keep the discussions factual, exact and informative. This childish behaviour is one of the reasons why I don't frequent Toms as much as I used to.

Oh and yes.. I run an Intel processor in my main rig, got a problem with that? Then tell it to my 4 other AMD rigs. :roll:

What is the purpose of this post? If you don't like a post keep it moving. No one will change because you have Wolverine envy.

Also, I'm not sue what posts you are referring to. I have posted Intel news. If the news is there and no one beats me to it, it's posted.

I'm sorry you think I want to mislead someone, but you had the right idea in LEAVING.

bye

Sirfiroth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
Thank you for trying to interject some sanity into this forum thread. The fanboyism has been arround since the inception of this forum. Although, on the other hand it does provide some humorus breaks from time to time.

"My political ideal is democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized. But the led must not be coerced; they must be able to choose their leader." Albert Einstein

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
ok so when i made the thread AMD's BARCELONA SUCKS IN ORACLE

and it has like 20000 views...

i was doing this to make AMD look GOOD and mislead people to BUY AMD

you need to seriously lighten up son...and dont get so emotional

you are misguiding yourself

I was waiting for you to do this... so you made a thread entitled...

AMD's Barcelona to "stink" in ORACLE
And then you post this in that thread..
Actually it was sept 1999...and firing squad has a ES sample Athlon..the orginal and it sucked... i remember the INTEL faitheful were laughing like drunk hyenas...until release day...and the p3 got crushed....

people forget all about that ...

So you state that although your news link states that Barcelona stink in Oracle.. in the past this has occured as well for AMD and that in the end AMD rocked! <--- in your words.

So in other words you've NEVER made a bad post regarding AMD.

Also I love the way you use the "Cavuto?". As John Stewart explained it's a tactic used by Fox News to make misleading statements but cover them with a "?" at the end as to it being asked as a question rather then a statement.

The 8-Core K10, 4x4 , 4 card R600 Rig. .Intel has no answer?

If you want to read about the "Cavuto?" Click HERE!

ph33rgear

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
HAHAHA this thread makes me laugh, and not because of anything directly posted in it, but because most of my friends are hardcore INTEL fans... and always dissing me or putting down my PC cuz I only ever use AMD CPU's ...

so we always get into stupid spats about which is better, even though none of us actually care what's better we just have fun with it..

the same as I perfer Chevy (mostly so do they) but other's prefer Ford...

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

What is the purpose of this post? If you don't like a post keep it moving. No one will change because you have Wolverine envy.

Also, I'm not sue what posts you are referring to. I have posted Intel news. If the news is there and no one beats me to it, it's posted.

I'm sorry you think I want to mislead someone, but you had the right idea in LEAVING.

bye

Considering how I've torn you apart in the past you'd love to see me leave :p

I remember you all too well BaronBS.