Windows 2000 Advanced Server Default Folder/Drive Security..

I rebooted our Windows 2000 Advanced Server machine and got a bsod
with the inaccessable_boot_device message. I was able to get into the
recovery console and run chkdsk /r and after that it booted up just
fine. This pc has a webserver and terminal server running on it. We
use it to do some data entry on our in house software and the
webserver uses odbc to connect to the backend and run some queries and
display reports. The hard drive is partitioned. The webserver and
system files sit on the c drive and our software sits on the d drive.
Anyway, after I ran chkdsk on the c drive it screwed up some security
settings. The d drive hasn't been affected. Now when someone tries
to log into the server via TS (they're in the users group) they get an
access denied error. If I log in as the administrator I have no
problem. If I add the user to the administrator group they can get in
just fine. When someone tries to load a webpage from the server they
get a login screen that pops up. You have to login as the
administrator before you can view the webpage. I noticed that the
security on the c drive and several folders in that drive only has the
administrator in it. Several of the folders in the c drive I could
probably configure the security on but the majority I wouldn't know
what to set for some of the folders. Especially the windows folder.
Is there a way I can set it back to default (prior to bsod) or am I
stuck using trial and error to get the correct settings back.

There is a way to get it back to default but the default settings are weak on the
root/drive folder where everyone may end up with full control which you could change
to read/list/execute for everyone and or users. By default administrators have full
control to root folder, system folder, program and file folder, and document and
settings folder. If you change permissions on documents and settings folder DO NOT
force it down as administrator have no permissions to a users profile folder but the
user has full control. Users have read/list/execute permissions to program files
folder and system folders. That should give you a start. The link below may be
helpful if that does not help out. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=266118
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/maintain/security/secdefs.mspx