Blocking Port:445 on Windows 2000 Professional

How can i block the tcp/ip port on my pc. Huge traffic is
going on particular port:445. Except tcp/ip port:445 i
want to allow all other ports. How can i do it.
Pl. anybody can help me.

Regards
Mangapathi

Hi,

y'll find explanations about TCP445 port here:
http://www.ntsecurity.nu/papers/port445/

How to remove listening on this port?
You can close it by modifying the registry in the following way:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters ]
"SmbDeviceEnabled"(DWORD)=0

Then restart.

Xavier Mercy

"Mangapathi" wrote:

> How can i block the tcp/ip port on my pc. Huge traffic is
> going on particular port:445. Except tcp/ip port:445 i
> want to allow all other ports. How can i do it.
> Pl. anybody can help me.
>
> Regards
> Mangapathi

pc

Have a look at this site:

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBM/tip6400/rh6419.htm

"Mangapathi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can i block the tcp/ip port on my pc. Huge traffic is
> going on particular port:445. Except tcp/ip port:445 i
> want to allow all other ports. How can i do it.
> Pl. anybody can help me.
>
> Regards
> Mangapathi

You need a firewall, ipsec filtering, or ip filtering to block access to ports on a
computer. Port 445 is used for a lot of things including file and print sharing. If
your computer does not offer shares to anyone or needs to be managed remotely via
Computer Management, disable file and print sharing on your network adapter. The link
below gives the basic steps on computer security. I would be sure to run a virus and
spyware scan ASAP using current definitions. --- Steve

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/security/fwfirewall.html -- free firewalls

"Mangapathi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can i block the tcp/ip port on my pc. Huge traffic is
> going on particular port:445. Except tcp/ip port:445 i
> want to allow all other ports. How can i do it.
> Pl. anybody can help me.
>
> Regards
> Mangapathi

TRENDING THREADS