Help with Netgear DG632 Router

iknowmole

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2006
My network is set up as follows; the phone line is connected to the router. This then connects through a hub, which goes to a computer and a wireless access point. My ISP is Onetel who provide unlimited ADSL broadband.

The problem is that after downloading for several hours using Utorrent (I have already forwarded the port correctly) I lose the connection and the following is recorded in the routers log for about a minute.

05:14:28 System Call Error

05:14:31 pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0

05:14:31 connect(0.38): Device or resource busy

05:14:31 System Call Error

etc

Rebooting the router fixes the problem however this seems to be happening about twice a day! I tried updating the firmware (now V3.4.0) however this did not help.

I would be very grateful if anyone had any ideas on how to fix this problem.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
If you are running P2P software for that time frame, I would guess the unit is over heating. I would contact netgear tech support via phone. You only get 90 days of free tech support use it. They may have beta software that corrects the problem.

The overheating problem is common to residential routers, the reason I purchased a bussiness class router.

iknowmole

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2006
possible, however after this happens you can still access the router and manually reboot it. I'll try downloading for a long time from a website and see if the same problem occurs.

Thanks for the reply