Default Mail client not properly installed

heartsong

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
what the heck is this? how did it get unpropertly installed? I never i9nstalled it in the first place. I need HELP!!!How to "properly install

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hi there, & Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

With Windows 7, there is no normally installed email client. You have to choose one, then download or install it.

What kind of computer, Make, Model# do you have, which email program is giving you fits, and what email client have you used in the past?

If you downloaded one with another package, like Windows Live Essentials, or installed Outlook that comes with with several versions of Office, you can always uninstall it in the Control Panel, Programs & Features section, and choose your own. If you have more than 1 on your machinie, you will have to choose which one to make the default email client.

heartsong

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Congratulations on getting a new laptop.

When you get a commercial computer, laptop or desktop, they (Dell, HP, Acer etc) bundle tons of additional trial or free software in the package. Possibly one of the trial applets is what is frustrating.

Does the email program have a name that could help track down why it was installed?

In windows 7 there is an application in the Control Panel where unwanted or unneeded program can be uninstalled when necessary.

With your Yahoo mail, it is Web based so it doesn't have to be installed, and should be working OK through an Internet connection.