Teleport points in the Trench

I just came across a reference to "hidden teleport points in the Gordon
Trench" of Terra Volta. I've fought long battles there and covered pretty
much every inch, and since I have TP I've never needed to find a way out.

Do these exist? I thought it was a little weird to have an area that's a
complete trap without TP, superjump or flight.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

    Shenanigunner wrote:

    > So if you're soloing, don't have travel powers, and fall/go into the
    > Trench, you just spend the rest of your heroing career there? Or
    commit
    > suicide-by-Lost to get out?

    I would "/petition stuck". I've found the GMs to be really helpful,
    and I'm sure one would relocate you.

    I thought I was stuck once in TV with my SS only scrapper. I
    petitioned and found a way out just before the GM contacted me.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner wrote:
    > "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > > I would "/petition stuck". I've found the GMs to be really
    helpful,
    > > and I'm sure one would relocate you.
    >
    > That would work.
    >
    > Are there any other "dead end" spots in zones? That's the only one I
    know
    > of where you have the power to get in but might not have the power to
    get
    > out.
    >
    > I did figure out the Vampyri Lab exit - I could teleport up the
    shafts. So
    > almost any travel power - Hover, Flight, TP, Jump - would work.

    The place I got stuck in TV was a concrete trench. I jumped down in it
    to help my team fight some Freaks. Afterwards everyone flew or SJ'd
    out. There I was with walls too high for me to jump out, and no
    teammates with Recall Friend. I ran back and forth trying to jump on
    the overhead pipes to no avail. I then petitioned. After I sent the
    petition I noticed that a ledge on the wall that was too low to allow
    me to jump the wall, did give me access to the overhead pipes so I
    finally got out.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote in

    > I just came across a reference to "hidden teleport points in the
    > Gordon Trench" of Terra Volta. I've fought long battles there and
    > covered pretty much every inch, and since I have TP I've never needed
    > to find a way out.

    I had heard that the "hidden" teleport points were a joke from the beta.
    Seems the Gordon Trench had some spots where you could fall ("teleport")
    out of the world.

    --
    The Soliphist asks...
    What assertion do you make to validate your existence?

    On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:54:06 -0000, Shenanigunner
    <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:

    > Do these exist? I thought it was a little weird to have an area that's a
    > complete trap without TP, superjump or flight.

    It used to be that you could scale the walls by repeated jumping, like
    scaling a tenement or skyscraper, but that stopped working some time
    ago. I had never heard anything about "hidden teleport points".
    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    | http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Robotech_Master" <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote in message
    | On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:54:06 -0000, Shenanigunner
    | <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:
    |
    | > Do these exist? I thought it was a little weird to have an area that's
    | > complete trap without TP, superjump or flight.
    |
    | It used to be that you could scale the walls by repeated jumping, like
    | scaling a tenement or skyscraper, but that stopped working some time
    | ago. I had never heard anything about "hidden teleport points".

    In the Trench you should be able to go to a sidewall, jump on the pipes,
    and there is one diagonal pipe going up to a doorway.

    Downside is that there are usually LOST foes fighting SKY RAIDERS
    through that doorway and even with superspeed you might not get past the
    mezzers.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote:
    >> Do these exist? I thought it was a little weird to have an area
    >> that's a complete trap without TP, superjump or flight.

    > It used to be that you could scale the walls by repeated jumping, like
    > scaling a tenement or skyscraper, but that stopped working some time
    > ago. I had never heard anything about "hidden teleport points".

    I tried once to get out without using TP, but even with Hurdle I couldn't
    find a place to exit. Thought this claim might be outdated or bogus.

    Man, I wish I had time to do a CoH website. :P

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner wrote:
    > I just came across a reference to "hidden teleport points in the Gordon
    > Trench" of Terra Volta. I've fought long battles there and covered pretty
    > much every inch, and since I have TP I've never needed to find a way out.
    >
    > Do these exist? I thought it was a little weird to have an area that's a
    > complete trap without TP, superjump or flight.

    I heard of them but it was before I ever got high enough to get into TV
    with any of my characters. I think they were in live, but vanished either
    around or before even the first update.

    --
    John Parkinson
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
    > Shenanigunner wrote:
    >> I just came across a reference to "hidden teleport points in the
    >> Gordon Trench" of Terra Volta. I've fought long battles there and
    >> covered pretty much every inch, and since I have TP I've never needed
    >> to find a way out.
    >>
    >> Do these exist? I thought it was a little weird to have an area
    >> that's a complete trap without TP, superjump or flight.
    >
    > I heard of them but it was before I ever got high enough to get into
    > TV with any of my characters. I think they were in live, but vanished
    > either around or before even the first update.

    So if you're soloing, don't have travel powers, and fall/go into the
    Trench, you just spend the rest of your heroing career there? Or commit
    suicide-by-Lost to get out?

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:16:26 -0000, Shenanigunner
    <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:

    > So if you're soloing, don't have travel powers, and fall/go into the
    > Trench, you just spend the rest of your heroing career there? Or commit
    > suicide-by-Lost to get out?

    Or yell for someone to TP you out. :)

    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free monitor or TV set!
    | http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > I would "/petition stuck". I've found the GMs to be really helpful,
    > and I'm sure one would relocate you.

    That would work.

    Are there any other "dead end" spots in zones? That's the only one I know
    of where you have the power to get in but might not have the power to get
    out.

    I did figure out the Vampyri Lab exit - I could teleport up the shafts. So
    almost any travel power - Hover, Flight, TP, Jump - would work.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > The place I got stuck in TV was a concrete trench.

    That's the one we're talking about here - Gordon Trench, right down the
    center of the zone.

    I guess you can get out if you jump on just the right ledges etc., but I
    recall trying that and failing.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    >> I just came across a reference to "hidden teleport points in the
    >> Gordon Trench" of Terra Volta. I've fought long battles there and
    >> covered pretty much every inch, and since I have TP I've never needed
    >> to find a way out.
    >
    > I had heard that the "hidden" teleport points were a joke from the beta.
    > Seems the Gordon Trench had some spots where you could fall ("teleport")
    > out of the world.
    >
    > --
    > The Soliphist asks...
    > What assertion do you make to validate your existence?

    Been there done that. Fell through a crack in the wall pre-issue 2 and fell
    a LOONG way down. Ended up as far down as flyers can go up near-dead
    red on health. Wandered around for a while making use of the fact that
    moving anyplace on the map (even under it) will fill in the fog of war. I
    was
    the only one in the SG to have a full map of TV at lvl 21 (?) --hard to
    remember. Eventually got an SG luvvy to to pop in long enough to team
    and tp out.

    It is a good thing to have tp-ers in the SG --remember this.

    I was also around when a glitch sent everyone in Talos under the island for
    a while. The only way out was tp or to get close and turn around fast enough
    that the world resolution would pop you out from between the rocks in a
    very few places.

    Scotto the Unwise
    Zand Stone Stone 45 @Liberty
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Scott Stanek" <ScottoStanek@verizon.net> wrote:
    > Been there done that. Fell through a crack in the wall pre-issue 2 and
    > fell a LOONG way down. Ended up as far down as flyers can go up
    > near-dead red on health. Wandered around for a while making use of the
    > fact that moving anyplace on the map (even under it) will fill in the
    > fog of war. I was the only one in the SG to have a full map of TV at
    > lvl 21...

    Wasn't it dangerous to go under the reactor without any shielding down
    there? :P

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
    -= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-

Video Games