Teleport points in the Trench

Last response: in Video Games
January 18, 2005 8:54:06 PM

I just came across a reference to "hidden teleport points in the Gordon
Trench" of Terra Volta. I've fought long battles there and covered pretty
much every inch, and since I have TP I've never needed to find a way out.

Do these exist? I thought it was a little weird to have an area that's a
complete trap without TP, superjump or flight.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

More about : teleport points trench

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 8:54:07 PM

Shenanigunner wrote:

> So if you're soloing, don't have travel powers, and fall/go into the
> Trench, you just spend the rest of your heroing career there? Or
commit
> suicide-by-Lost to get out?

I would "/petition stuck". I've found the GMs to be really helpful,
and I'm sure one would relocate you.

I thought I was stuck once in TV with my SS only scrapper. I
petitioned and found a way out just before the GM contacted me.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 8:54:07 PM

Shenanigunner wrote:
> "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I would "/petition stuck". I've found the GMs to be really
helpful,
> > and I'm sure one would relocate you.
>
> That would work.
>
> Are there any other "dead end" spots in zones? That's the only one I
know
> of where you have the power to get in but might not have the power to
get
> out.
>
> I did figure out the Vampyri Lab exit - I could teleport up the
shafts. So
> almost any travel power - Hover, Flight, TP, Jump - would work.

The place I got stuck in TV was a concrete trench. I jumped down in it
to help my team fight some Freaks. Afterwards everyone flew or SJ'd
out. There I was with walls too high for me to jump out, and no
teammates with Recall Friend. I ran back and forth trying to jump on
the overhead pipes to no avail. I then petitioned. After I sent the
petition I noticed that a ledge on the wall that was too low to allow
me to jump the wall, did give me access to the overhead pipes so I
finally got out.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 8:54:07 PM

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote in

> I just came across a reference to "hidden teleport points in the
> Gordon Trench" of Terra Volta. I've fought long battles there and
> covered pretty much every inch, and since I have TP I've never needed
> to find a way out.

I had heard that the "hidden" teleport points were a joke from the beta.
Seems the Gordon Trench had some spots where you could fall ("teleport")
out of the world.

--
The Soliphist asks...
What assertion do you make to validate your existence?

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:54:06 -0000, Shenanigunner
<nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:

> Do these exist? I thought it was a little weird to have an area that's a
> complete trap without TP, superjump or flight.

It used to be that you could scale the walls by repeated jumping, like
scaling a tenement or skyscraper, but that stopped working some time
ago. I had never heard anything about "hidden teleport points".
--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 9:02:06 PM

"Robotech_Master" <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote in message
| On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:54:06 -0000, Shenanigunner
| <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:
|
| > Do these exist? I thought it was a little weird to have an area that's
| > complete trap without TP, superjump or flight.
|
| It used to be that you could scale the walls by repeated jumping, like
| scaling a tenement or skyscraper, but that stopped working some time
| ago. I had never heard anything about "hidden teleport points".

In the Trench you should be able to go to a sidewall, jump on the pipes,
and there is one diagonal pipe going up to a doorway.

Downside is that there are usually LOST foes fighting SKY RAIDERS
through that doorway and even with superspeed you might not get past the
mezzers.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 9:10:26 PM

Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote:
>> Do these exist? I thought it was a little weird to have an area
>> that's a complete trap without TP, superjump or flight.

> It used to be that you could scale the walls by repeated jumping, like
> scaling a tenement or skyscraper, but that stopped working some time
> ago. I had never heard anything about "hidden teleport points".

I tried once to get out without using TP, but even with Hurdle I couldn't
find a place to exit. Thought this claim might be outdated or bogus.

Man, I wish I had time to do a CoH website. :p

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 9:11:39 PM

Shenanigunner wrote:
> I just came across a reference to "hidden teleport points in the Gordon
> Trench" of Terra Volta. I've fought long battles there and covered pretty
> much every inch, and since I have TP I've never needed to find a way out.
>
> Do these exist? I thought it was a little weird to have an area that's a
> complete trap without TP, superjump or flight.

I heard of them but it was before I ever got high enough to get into TV
with any of my characters. I think they were in live, but vanished either
around or before even the first update.

--
John Parkinson
Anonymous

John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:
> Shenanigunner wrote:
>> I just came across a reference to "hidden teleport points in the
>> Gordon Trench" of Terra Volta. I've fought long battles there and
>> covered pretty much every inch, and since I have TP I've never needed
>> to find a way out.
>>
>> Do these exist? I thought it was a little weird to have an area
>> that's a complete trap without TP, superjump or flight.
>
> I heard of them but it was before I ever got high enough to get into
> TV with any of my characters. I think they were in live, but vanished
> either around or before even the first update.

So if you're soloing, don't have travel powers, and fall/go into the
Trench, you just spend the rest of your heroing career there? Or commit
suicide-by-Lost to get out?

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 9:21:05 PM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:16:26 -0000, Shenanigunner
<nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:

> So if you're soloing, don't have travel powers, and fall/go into the
> Trench, you just spend the rest of your heroing career there? Or commit
> suicide-by-Lost to get out?

Or yell for someone to TP you out. :)

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free monitor or TV set!
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 10:15:57 PM

"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would "/petition stuck". I've found the GMs to be really helpful,
> and I'm sure one would relocate you.

That would work.

Are there any other "dead end" spots in zones? That's the only one I know
of where you have the power to get in but might not have the power to get
out.

I did figure out the Vampyri Lab exit - I could teleport up the shafts. So
almost any travel power - Hover, Flight, TP, Jump - would work.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 10:49:31 PM

"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The place I got stuck in TV was a concrete trench.

That's the one we're talking about here - Gordon Trench, right down the
center of the zone.

I guess you can get out if you jump on just the right ledges etc., but I
recall trying that and failing.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 2:58:52 AM

>> I just came across a reference to "hidden teleport points in the
>> Gordon Trench" of Terra Volta. I've fought long battles there and
>> covered pretty much every inch, and since I have TP I've never needed
>> to find a way out.
>
> I had heard that the "hidden" teleport points were a joke from the beta.
> Seems the Gordon Trench had some spots where you could fall ("teleport")
> out of the world.
>
> --
> The Soliphist asks...
> What assertion do you make to validate your existence?

Been there done that. Fell through a crack in the wall pre-issue 2 and fell
a LOONG way down. Ended up as far down as flyers can go up near-dead
red on health. Wandered around for a while making use of the fact that
moving anyplace on the map (even under it) will fill in the fog of war. I
was
the only one in the SG to have a full map of TV at lvl 21 (?) --hard to
remember. Eventually got an SG luvvy to to pop in long enough to team
and tp out.

It is a good thing to have tp-ers in the SG --remember this.

I was also around when a glitch sent everyone in Talos under the island for
a while. The only way out was tp or to get close and turn around fast enough
that the world resolution would pop you out from between the rocks in a
very few places.

Scotto the Unwise
Zand Stone Stone 45 @Liberty
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 3:29:14 AM

"Scott Stanek" <ScottoStanek@verizon.net> wrote:
> Been there done that. Fell through a crack in the wall pre-issue 2 and
> fell a LOONG way down. Ended up as far down as flyers can go up
> near-dead red on health. Wandered around for a while making use of the
> fact that moving anyplace on the map (even under it) will fill in the
> fog of war. I was the only one in the SG to have a full map of TV at
> lvl 21...

Wasn't it dangerous to go under the reactor without any shielding down
there? :p

--
!