Newegg, what's the point of rush processing?

PRBoricua

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Ordered a CPU very early Friday morning, around 3:30 a.m EST and elected for the extra $2 "rush processing" charge. It is now Saturday at 2 p.m EST and the order is still at "charged". Am I mis-understanding this? If you place an order before 12 p.m PST, it's supposed to ship the same day, however my order hasn't shipped and it's been over 24 hours.

Maybe I don't understand the concept, but I'm a little let down by being charged extra money for a service I wasn't granted. :cry:

Feb 24, 2006
Dear PRBoricua ,

I'm sorry for the trouble you've experienced with your order. Rush processing pushes your order to the front of the processing line and gives it the best possible chance of shipping out the same day it is placed. If your order is submitted before 12:00 pm PST, we will do our best to ship your order the same business day( This excludes weekends). If it is placed after 12:00 pm PST, we will attempt to ship it the following business day. Unfortunately, it is not a guarantee and in some cases your order will be unable to ship the same day. In these cases we will refund the rush processing fee. I welcome you to contact me by Private Message to provide me the sales order number to refund the fee.

Thanks,

Newegg.com

Edit: Removed Personal Information

PRBoricua

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011

Thank you for clearing that up for me, I understand now that it isn't a guarantee and I just happened to lose out on this one. No worries regarding the $2, huge fan of Newegg so I'm not going to worry about it. The processor is on it's way, now if you guys would just do me a favor and get some 1155 motherboards in-stock, I'd be an extremely happy man :D

thendershot

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
wow i never pay for rush processing.. there have been several times i have ordered items and got them to my door in less then 24 hours from ordering! thanks to the NJ warehouse