I need some help on HDMI cable, male or female?

Last response: in Home Theatre
July 20, 2004 3:01:03 AM

I just ordered a new TV, a Sony KV-30HS420. It isn't here yet so I need
help from you guys who know this stuff.

I want to hook up my theatre PC to this monitor but the monitor has only
HDMI input not straight DVI like my theatre PC outputs. Is the Sony input
considered a FEMALE receptacle? If so, I need an adapter cable that is MALE
HDMI to MALE DVI. Does this sound right? I need to order this stuff right
away so its here when the TV arrives.

Thanks,
--Dan

More about : hdmi cable male female

Anonymous
July 21, 2004 1:39:51 PM

You can get a DVI to HDMI adapter. Monster Cable makes them for about $30

Doug

"dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p oYKc.12672$b56.8531@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com...
> I just ordered a new TV, a Sony KV-30HS420. It isn't here yet so I need
> help from you guys who know this stuff.
>
> I want to hook up my theatre PC to this monitor but the monitor has only
> HDMI input not straight DVI like my theatre PC outputs. Is the Sony input
> considered a FEMALE receptacle? If so, I need an adapter cable that is
MALE
> HDMI to MALE DVI. Does this sound right? I need to order this stuff
right
> away so its here when the TV arrives.
>
> Thanks,
> --Dan

July 22, 2004 4:42:05 PM

"dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p oYKc.12672$b56.8531@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com...
> I just ordered a new TV, a Sony KV-30HS420. It isn't here yet so I need
> help from you guys who know this stuff.
>
> I want to hook up my theatre PC to this monitor but the monitor has only
> HDMI input not straight DVI like my theatre PC outputs. Is the Sony input
> considered a FEMALE receptacle? If so, I need an adapter cable that is
MALE
> HDMI to MALE DVI. Does this sound right? I need to order this stuff
right
> away so its here when the TV arrives.
>
> Thanks,
> --Dan

you may want to check the contents list, they may provide an HDMI to DVI
adaptor with the tv.
!