EFS certificate server

How do you specify the certificate server that issues EFS
certificates? Is this something which can be set manually? Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about certificate server

    Hi,

    You don't have to specify anything. You can use any certificate that has
    this purpose "Encrypting File System (1.3.6.1.4.1.311.10.3.4)". Other that
    this it can come from any CA server or can even be self signed.

    If this doesn't help, explain what you need to do and maybe we can suggest
    another solution.

    Mike

    "PWH" <paulhavel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > How do you specify the certificate server that issues EFS
    > certificates? Is this something which can be set manually? Thanks!

    Certificate Authorities will implement that by default. User certificates and many
    others can be used for EFS. There is also a certificate just for EFS encryption. If
    you want to see what certificate templates are already configured on a CA, open the
    Certificate Authority mmc snapin and find the CA and go to policy settings to see the
    current certificate templates available. From there select new/certificate to issue
    to see the other available templates. Be sure to read the EFS best practices link
    below if you have not done so yet. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;223316

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/reskit/en-us/prnb_efs_syyl.asp
    -- EFS certificates.

    "PWH" <paulhavel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > How do you specify the certificate server that issues EFS
    > certificates? Is this something which can be set manually? Thanks!

Microsoft Certificate Servers Windows