SQL Query: Count of records by month for the entire year

Hi,

I am trying to write one single query to count the number of records that
were created per month for the entire calendar year. I can, of course, run
12 separate queries, but I am trying to avoid that.

the datestamp field is "createdate" and the table name is "mk_entity"

I don't need any specific fields returned, just the number of records that
were created in any one month. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Not a security or a Win2000 question. Ask in a SQL group. I expect this
should be possible using select x where y..... and various other methods.
AFAIK one script can easily contain and execute 12 different queries
together.