Help! Computer Crashing

I am in need of some help. A buddy and I built a computer a few months ago and it was screaming but now it will not run a game without crashing out. I get fatal errors almost every time I play any game. I have also got the dumping physical memory on 3 separate occasions. Here is my build. Has anyone heard of any problems with this type of build? I can use certain programs without a problem but not games. I also run my C++ Visual Basic for my college programming. That works fine. I can also do other things on the computer but it seems like every time I try and run a game it crashes. I do not have internet access as of yet since I am in Greenland. There is no computer support here either. There is also another problem I have too. When I try to load a CD, my computer locks up often and the only way I can get it unlocked is to turn it off and back on. I really appreciate any help anyone can provide to me. I am really in the dark here. Thank you for your help and time.

ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI x 16 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6600 - Retail

EVGA 01G-P2-N592-AX GeForce 7950GX2 1GB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Dual GPU Video Card - Retail

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
3 answers Last reply
More about help computer crashing
  1. what kind or ram do you have? i would suggest testing it stick by stick by running memtest86.
  2. Sorry, the memory I have is:

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400C4 - Retail
  3. You may need to update the drivers for your video card. If you know someone with internet access, they can burn the drivers on a cd for you or download it onto a usb flashdrive, or use a similar method to get that driver onto your pc.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Systems