ANN: Windows Mobile 5.0 Upgrade List

May 12, 2005 2:01:19 PM

Group,

Per Scott Seidman's suggestion, here is a list of which Windows Mobile 2003
and 2003 SE devices will have an upgrade offered to Windows Mobile 5.0.

http://www.clintonfitch.com/wm5/default.asp

The list will be updated as more announcements are made.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

May 12, 2005 7:33:14 PM

Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com! wrote:
> Group,
>
> Per Scott Seidman's suggestion, here is a list of which Windows Mobile 2003
> and 2003 SE devices will have an upgrade offered to Windows Mobile 5.0.
>
> http://www.clintonfitch.com/wm5/default.asp
>
> The list will be updated as more announcements are made.
>
> Regards,

I'll be quite miffed if the 5450 is left off that list as it's still a heavyweight
in the PPC division.

RT
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 12:12:21 AM

Same here, as I have a 5450 also. If they don't I think offer it, I think
everyone with a device that could more than support it (48mb flash, WiFi,
bluetooth, 400mhz or faster) should file a class action suit against the
companies. Why did we pay $500-700 ($599 in my case) for a PDA for a large
rom to support upgrades if the companies will not create or offer the
upgrades ? Even if it was $100 for the upgrade I am sure a good chunk of
users would be interested, if it was a major upgrade.

Think about it, if you picked up a desktop or laptop 3 or 4 years old, they
have all the drivers and bios updates for Windows XP, they even will offer
you the software to buy or upgrade on their sites, what is the difference ?

I'll be first in line to contact a lawyer about it......

--
-Dave

Dave "aT" AnyWhereCool DoT "com"
ICQ: 10640235 / AIM: DavidinRI
http://www.AnyWhereCool.com

> I'll be quite miffed if the 5450 is left off that list as it's still a
> heavyweight
> in the PPC division.
>

> RT

May 13, 2005 2:15:38 PM

To be objective you should add HTC Himalaya (aka XDA II, QTEK 2020, etc) to
the list. It already has WM5, though it is a leaked beta.

And by the way, the version of WM5 according to control panel applet is 5.1
and not 5.0
May 19, 2005 12:06:58 AM

Clinton Fitch, Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com! wrote:

> Group,
>
> Per Scott Seidman's suggestion, here is a list of which Windows Mobile 2003
> and 2003 SE devices will have an upgrade offered to Windows Mobile 5.0.
>
> http://www.clintonfitch.com/wm5/default.asp
>
> The list will be updated as more announcements are made.
>
> Regards,

WHat about the iPaq 2200? I know it has various names in Europe and the
US so i'm a bit confused.

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

Something wrote:

> I'll be first in line to contact a lawyer about it......

The fact that WM 5 only offers a few new icons makes that pointless
action. If you want Graphs in Excel or Powerpoint you could probably
find a 3rd party app for the same price (I assume any WM5 upgrades will
not be free).

--
!