Santz24

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Hello, i have a Pentium D830, (2x3.00Ghz) and after installing Motherboard Monitor I've realised my processor is running at 50Cº on average, with no stress, that is then the CPU usage is between 0 and 10%.

I have a newly installed Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, And 3 other case fans, two 120mm and one 90mm on the side panel.

My question is, is it normal for the CPU to run this hot? i've heard before pentium D's suck up lots of wattage and also get quite hot but...50ºC when the CPU usage is at 2%? Strange...

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Hello, i have a Pentium D830, (2x3.00Ghz) and after installing Motherboard Monitor I've realised my processor is running at 50Cº on average, with no stress, that is then the CPU usage is between 0 and 10%.

I have a newly installed Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro, And 3 other case fans, two 120mm and one 90mm on the side panel.

My question is, is it normal for the CPU to run this hot? i've heard before pentium D's suck up lots of wattage and also get quite hot but...50ºC when the CPU usage is at 2%? Strange...

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.
A bit on the upper limit but quite normal I'd say; don't forget it's still a P4 core,...hem, two of them :wink:

Santz24

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Hehe, thankyou, and, i suposse, theres not much i can do about it right? Its strange, its in a rather large case with three new fans and its still quite hot :(

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
My P4 3.0G (single core) at work now idles @ 45°C and I have a totally perforated case with two fans.
Check your load temps, afret running superPI for at least 30min, that will give you a clearer idea.

Sirfiroth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
My P4 3.0G (single core) at work now idles @ 45°C and I have a totally perforated case with two fans.

What cooler are you running? I cannot get below 57c @ idle. Was running 60c @ idle until AS5
I have tried many differrent coolers no improvement.

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006

What cooler are you running? I cannot get below 57c @ idle. Was running 60c @ idle until AS5
I have tried many differrent coolers no improvement.

Just the stock. check to make sure that your cooler sits firmly and is well leveled, don't exaggerate with the amount of AS5 you put on the heatspreader ; too much of it has a negative effect on performance.

Sirfiroth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
[/quote]
Just the stock. check to make sure that your cooler sits firmly and is well leveled, don't exaggerate with the amount of AS5 you put on the heatspreader ; too much of it has a negative effect on performance.[/quote]

I've done all of this with the same results. Better than the Tech Shop did the lowest they could get it was 62c.
Well I guess it about time for an upgrade, tired of contributing to Global Warming.
Thanx

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Just the stock. check to make sure that your cooler sits firmly and is well leveled, don't exaggerate with the amount of AS5 you put on the heatspreader ; too much of it has a negative effect on performance.[/quote]

I've done all of this with the same results. Better than the Tech Shop did the lowest they could get it was 62c.
Well I guess it about time for an upgrade, tired of contributing to Global Warming.
Thanx

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.[/quote]
And case ventilation; how's yours?