What is diffrence between "Modify Permissions" and "Write ..

In Active Directory, we can delegate "Modify Permissions" and "Write
NTSecurityDescriptor". But what is difference between these two permissions?

thanks
Milind

Modify means that the user can also delete while write can create but not
elete. --- Steve

"Milind Torney" <milind00...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In Active Directory, we can delegate "Modify Permissions" and "Write
> NTSecurityDescriptor". But what is difference between these two permissions?
>
> thanks
> Milind

What do yo mean by delete?

> Modify means that the user can also delete while write can create but not
> elete. --- Steve
>

> "Milind Torney" <milind00...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > In Active Directory, we can delegate "Modify Permissions" and "Write
> > NTSecurityDescriptor". But what is difference between these two
permissions?

> > thanks
> > Milind

Maybe I misunderstood. What object does this pertain to? --- Steve