Prevent Users from removeing workstation from domain

Hi,

all my users are local admins
is there a way to restrict them from removing the local computer from the
domain
i want that only the domain admin will be able to remove computers from the
domain

thanks

Replied in another group. Please don't multipost - if you need to post to
multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single message
to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas) so that
everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :)

See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

Elad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> all my users are local admins
> is there a way to restrict them from removing the local computer from
> the domain
> i want that only the domain admin will be able to remove computers
> from the domain
>
> thanks

Not really. You can use Group Policy to hide all or parts of Control Panel or remove
properties from the context menu of My Computer but that will not stop everyone. I
suggest you institute or add to your computer use policy that users are not allowed
to remove COMPANY computers from the domain and that the first offense will be a
minimum $100 charge with progressive discipline after that. Also review whether or
not these users really need to be a local administrator. If they do have permissions
to take their company computer home give them instructions on how to access their
home computers while still on your domain using the net use command or such. ---
Steve