Prevent Users from removeing workstation from domain

Hi,

all my users are local admins
is there a way to restrict them from removing the local computer from the
domain
i want that only the domain admin will be able to remove computers from the
domain

thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about prevent users removeing workstation domain

    Replied in another group. Please don't multipost - if you need to post to
    multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single message
    to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas) so that
    everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-)

    See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

    Elad wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > all my users are local admins
    > is there a way to restrict them from removing the local computer from
    > the domain
    > i want that only the domain admin will be able to remove computers
    > from the domain
    >
    > thanks

    Not really. You can use Group Policy to hide all or parts of Control Panel or remove
    properties from the context menu of My Computer but that will not stop everyone. I
    suggest you institute or add to your computer use policy that users are not allowed
    to remove COMPANY computers from the domain and that the first offense will be a
    minimum $100 charge with progressive discipline after that. Also review whether or
    not these users really need to be a local administrator. If they do have permissions
    to take their company computer home give them instructions on how to access their
    home computers while still on your domain using the net use command or such. ---
    Steve

    "Elad" <Elad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > all my users are local admins
    > is there a way to restrict them from removing the local computer from the
    > domain
    > i want that only the domain admin will be able to remove computers from the
    > domain
    >
    > thanks

Domain Workstations Windows