Need directory size utility.

March 2, 2005 1:26:41 AM

I need a software utility that will give me the size of Windows XP
directories. It should be activated from the context menu. It should
operate by opening up a screen based on the present directory, and
displaying a
list of subdirectories. It should then be possible for the user
(iteritively) to open up any of the subdirectories that it contains
displaying all of the subdirectories contained in it.

Don J

More about : directory size utility

March 2, 2005 1:26:42 AM

Freeware program - Folder Size Shell Extension v3.2 Do a Google search.

"Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o s6dncfWz7Dsr7jfRVn-hw@comcast.com...
> I need a software utility that will give me the size of Windows XP
> directories. It should be activated from the context menu. It should
> operate by opening up a screen based on the present directory, and
> displaying a
> list of subdirectories. It should then be possible for the user
> (iteritively) to open up any of the subdirectories that it contains
> displaying all of the subdirectories contained in it.
>

> Don J

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 2:05:27 PM

Did a google search on "Folder Size Shell Extention v3.2". Some 98% of
the sites were in a foreign language. Couldn't find anything.

Don J

> Freeware program - Folder Size Shell Extension v3.2 Do a Google search.
>
> "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:o s6dncfWz7Dsr7jfRVn-hw@comcast.com...
>> I need a software utility that will give me the size of Windows XP
>> directories. It should be activated from the context menu. It should
>> operate by opening up a screen based on the present directory, and
>> displaying a
>> list of subdirectories. It should then be possible for the user
>> (iteritively) to open up any of the subdirectories that it contains
>> displaying all of the subdirectories contained in it.
>>

>> Don J

March 2, 2005 2:05:28 PM

Popped right up in MSN search just fine:
http://www.freewarecds.ca/edition02.html. Scroll down the alphabetical
list.

> Did a google search on "Folder Size Shell Extention v3.2". Some 98%
> of the sites were in a foreign language. Couldn't find anything.
>
> Don J

> "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
>> Freeware program - Folder Size Shell Extension v3.2 Do a Google search.
>>
>> "Don J" <dej4400@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:o s6dncfWz7Dsr7jfRVn-hw@comcast.com...
>>> I need a software utility that will give me the size of Windows XP
>>> directories. It should be activated from the context menu. It should
>>> operate by opening up a screen based on the present directory, and
>>> displaying a
>>> list of subdirectories. It should then be possible for the user
>>> (iteritively) to open up any of the subdirectories that it contains
>>> displaying all of the subdirectories contained in it.
>>>

>>> Don J

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 2:31:57 PM

Check your spelling on extension. Anyway, here's what you're
looking for:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid...

--
Nepatsfan