svchost.exe removal of virus

Andrew

I have found that on my Win2000nt a certain error has shown up and
continues to show up. the name of this error as many know is called
svchost.exe know i have ran CWshredder and found nothing i have used
Adware 6 this problem has not been corrected by either software. If
anyone has any info on how to remove this SAFELY AND EFFECTIVELY let
me know. I am not much of a person willing to screwup a machine so i
prefer not to enter the System registry

CWshredder and AdAware are not virus removal tools. You need to try a program that
can remove viruses or search for a tool that can remove that specific virus if you
have any more info on it. There are several free antivirus programs available and
also tools to search and remove viruses. See the links below for some possibilities
and be sure to follow recommendations in the Microsoft Security link to use a
firewall, a virus protection package that also scans all email, and keeping current
with critical updates at Windows Updates. --- Steve

http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm -- parasite removal and how to secure
Internet Explorer.
http://www.trendmicro.com/download/dcs.asp -- download Sysclean and read the
sysclean.txt file for instructions
http://www.trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp -- link to pattern files.
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/ -- free antivirus program.

"Andrew" <apacheman85226@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have found that on my Win2000nt a certain error has shown up and
> continues to show up. the name of this error as many know is called
> svchost.exe know i have ran CWshredder and found nothing i have used
> Adware 6 this problem has not been corrected by either software. If
> anyone has any info on how to remove this SAFELY AND EFFECTIVELY let
> me know. I am not much of a person willing to screwup a machine so i
> prefer not to enter the System registry

jay

Sounds like Blaster or welchia try www.symantec.com
downloads section and get removel tools..

spx