online play question

Last response: in Video Games
September 27, 2005 7:42:55 PM

Forgive the newbie question. I and a friend want to play NWN together
online. I got a copy of the original regular edition at a used bookstore
cheap. If I send this to her and I buy the platinum edition, will we have
any trouble playing online together because of the different versions?

- Rex

More about : online play question

Anonymous
September 27, 2005 7:42:56 PM

If you patch both games to the newest version, you will be able to play
together. If you get her only the regular version, you won't be able to
play stuff requiring the expansions together.
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 7:42:56 PM

Well, it's not an area it would be a complete module that won't be
playable. So either you play a module that doesn't need the expansions
and you are fine or you play one that needs the expansions and she
won't be able to join.
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 8:04:11 PM

<nathelbiya@gmail.com> wrote in message
> If you patch both games to the newest version, you will be able to play
> together. If you get her only the regular version, you won't be able to
> play stuff requiring the expansions together.

That's what I thought. What happens if I enter one of those expansion areas?