online play question

Forgive the newbie question. I and a friend want to play NWN together
online. I got a copy of the original regular edition at a used bookstore
cheap. If I send this to her and I buy the platinum edition, will we have
any trouble playing online together because of the different versions?

- Rex
3 answers Last reply
More about online play question

    If you patch both games to the newest version, you will be able to play
    together. If you get her only the regular version, you won't be able to
    play stuff requiring the expansions together.

    Well, it's not an area it would be a complete module that won't be
    playable. So either you play a module that doesn't need the expansions
    and you are fine or you play one that needs the expansions and she
    won't be able to join.

    <nathelbiya@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > If you patch both games to the newest version, you will be able to play
    > together. If you get her only the regular version, you won't be able to
    > play stuff requiring the expansions together.

    That's what I thought. What happens if I enter one of those expansion areas?

Games Video Games