Missing security tab

I am trying to delete a file on a file server. I
get 'Access denied'. I cannot take ownership. There is
no security tab on the file.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
Eddy

You can use fileacl or subinacl to force ownership, then change permissions and try
to delete it. The links below give more details. --- Steve

http://www.gbordier.com/gbtools/fileacl.htm -- fileacl syntax.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320081 -- tips for deleting problem files.

"Eddy Knopper" <eddy.knopper@sanitarium.com.au> wrote in message
>I am trying to delete a file on a file server. I
> get 'Access denied'. I cannot take ownership. There is
> no security tab on the file.
>
> Is there anything I can do?
>
> Thanks
> Eddy

Thanks, very helpfull. But when I came back to it the
file had gone. I seems that the file was deleted but
some how I could still see it. That is why it had not
security tab.

Regards
Eddy

Good news that it is gone and even fixed itself. Sometimes we all get lucky. Maybe
the file was corrupted to some degree. --- Steve