Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I live in europe.
Is there a way to recieve the channels that cable tv companies have in USA
via the internet?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I do not believe it is legal to transmit US cable programming on the
internet. In any case, no, cable tv programming is available on the
internet today.

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>I live in europe.
> Is there a way to recieve the channels that cable tv companies have in USA
> via the internet?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Correction: "is NOT available on the internet today."

>I do not believe it is legal to transmit US cable programming on the
>internet. In any case, no, cable tv programming is available on the
>internet today.

> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>>I live in europe.
>> Is there a way to recieve the channels that cable tv companies have in
>> USA via the internet?

bar

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Current 'bandwidth limitations' on cable internet access, let alone ADSL or
Modem, would be the first things to stop any 'television' data being
trasmitted via the internet.

As for the rest of the argument...
Who pays for it?
Who will sacrifice current capacity?
etc

All become irrelevant.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Correction: "is NOT available on the internet today."

> >I do not believe it is legal to transmit US cable programming on the
> >internet. In any case, no, cable tv programming is available on the
> >internet today.
> >
> > --
> > Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine]
> > (Reply to the group only unless otherwise requested)
> > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> >>I live in europe.
> >> Is there a way to recieve the channels that cable tv companies have in
> >> USA via the internet?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

And cable broadcasters have license scope to deal with.

> Current 'bandwidth limitations' on cable internet access, let alone ADSL
> or
> Modem, would be the first things to stop any 'television' data being
> trasmitted via the internet.
>
> As for the rest of the argument...
> Who pays for it?
> Who will sacrifice current capacity?
> etc
>
> All become irrelevant.
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> Correction: "is NOT available on the internet today."
>>
>> --
>> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote in message
>> >I do not believe it is legal to transmit US cable programming on the
>> >internet. In any case, no, cable tv programming is available on the
>> >internet today.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine]
>> > (Reply to the group only unless otherwise requested)
>> > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Well if I was watching tv on my pc with my tv card and you took over my
desktop remotely, would you not be able to watch my tv and change channels
and everything? So set on up in the us and go back to europe and watch it.

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>I live in europe.
> Is there a way to recieve the channels that cable tv companies have in USA
> via the internet?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

A TV tuner is still a tv receiver no matter how you watch it. The issue is
transmission, not reception. A person can choose freely how to receive a
signal so long as he is doing so within the law. Transmission regulations
are another kettle of fish.

Kenny S wrote:
> I live in europe.
> Is there a way to recieve the channels that cable tv companies have in USA
> via the internet?

All of 'em, no. Some of them, maybe. Try the NASA channel (a satellite
channel) at
http://www.mpeg2-dvb.com/nasa.htm

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

No that would not work.
Remote desktop does not handle video and other moving images well.

"Rodney Kelp" <Rodneykelp605@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well if I was watching tv on my pc with my tv card and you took over my
> desktop remotely, would you not be able to watch my tv and change channels
> and everything? So set on up in the us and go back to europe and watch it.
>
> "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>>I live in europe.
>> Is there a way to recieve the channels that cable tv companies have in
>> USA via the internet?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Don't know where you live. I live in Germany, and watch Sky. It has MANY US
TV shows. You might want to check it out. However, I believe it is illegal
to obtain Sky outside of the UK. But, there are ways...I hear...

"Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
>I live in europe.
> Is there a way to recieve the channels that cable tv companies have in USA
> via the internet?

JustMe

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003

"Rick Merrill" <RickMerrill@comTHROW.net> wrote in message
Kenny S wrote:
> I live in europe.
> Is there a way to recieve the channels that cable tv companies have in USA
> via the internet?

All of 'em, no. Some of them, maybe. Try the NASA channel (a satellite
channel) at
http://www.mpeg2-dvb.com/nasa.htm

What does receiving the NASA channel via satellite have to do with "Cable TV
via the INTERNET?"