How to lower temps in unknown Lian Li Case

warnysouth

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
Hi all,

I have a Lian Li case I bought from PC world in the uk a couple of years ago. Its gun metal grey aluminium with 4 5 1/4" drive bays and 2 3 1/2 " bays. It has a half size lockable swinging door and a fancy filter on the front with a blue led in it. There are 2 80mm fans on the back and 2 on the front behind the filter. Anyone know the model number or how i can find out? I asked Lian Li but they didnt reply

Anyway the main issue is that my e4300 C2D setup is running too high in this case. Here are my core temps (all with stock cooler using TAT and reading from core temp)

Stock settings
Idle 30c
Load 55c

Overclocked to 2ghz (not much!)
Idle 38c
Load 62c

With the case panels off i read 30c idle and 55c with the overclock. I've already removed the filter out of the front of the case which dropped the temps by about 2-3c and routed the cables to ensure they dont hinder circulation. What else can I do to improve the temps? There arent any more spaces for any more fans! I dont really want to start cutting into the case and i'd rather not buy a new one it cost me nearly £150 ($280) back in the day and otherwise its a good case.

Thanks
Warny

Hex

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Temps are fine. A better CPU cooler would go a long way in dropping the temps. Gitting rid of the filter will help increase the airflow through the system. If you want to OC you should get a better CPU cooler.

I agree with Mpilchfamily. Assuming that 62 degrees Celcius is the same in Europe as it is here in America, you really don't need to worry about your temps. However, if you insist, getting a better CPU heatsink and fan would be most beneficial. I would recommend the ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler. That will definatly keep your CPU cooler. Also, make sure you properly apply good thermal grease.

P.S. I'm not sure which Lian Li case you have.