Can someone tell me what's "gdidet.exe"?

To All,
Got an error message at system bootup on mutiple PCs this few day saying,
"Error: could not load C:\winnt\INF\AU_gdi.inf", and an entry "gdidet.exe"
is found at C:\winnt\ dir.

It looks like a virus, but I cannot find any info about it. Any idea or
suggestion?

Thanks

CC
1 answer Last reply
More about what gdidet

    repeat after me... google is our friend...
    then try these:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/ntbugtraq/2004-q3/0190.html
    or maybe:
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Miscellaneous/Q_21133841.html
    or:
    http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-73149.html

    "Calvin C." <CChang@mjlm.com> wrote in message
    > To All,
    > Got an error message at system bootup on mutiple PCs this few day saying,
    > "Error: could not load C:\winnt\INF\AU_gdi.inf", and an entry "gdidet.exe"
    > is found at C:\winnt\ dir.
    >
    > It looks like a virus, but I cannot find any info about it. Any idea or
    > suggestion?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > CC

Security Microsoft Error Message Windows