"Amazing Race" in HDTV?

Last response: in Home Theatre
a b Ô Samsung
July 21, 2004 10:24:13 PM

Its gotten to the point when i don't know anymore if I'm watching hdtv or sd?
Usually CBS, who was known for this, shows a logo at the beginning to the
effect "your watching hdtv by samsung or zenith and etc. I did not see that
when "Amazing race' came on.

More about : amazing race hdtv

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 21, 2004 10:24:14 PM

"Harri85274" <harri85274@aol.com> wrote in message
> Its gotten to the point when i don't know anymore if I'm watching hdtv or
> sd?
> Usually CBS, who was known for this, shows a logo at the beginning to the
> effect "your watching hdtv by samsung or zenith and etc. I did not see
> that
> when "Amazing race' came on.

Amazing Race like most of the reality shows which rely on quite a few
freelance crews are going to be the last type of shows you will see in HD.
Possibly in another 6 - 8 months when JVC Professional division introduces
their new 3 CCD HDV cameras which are only going to cost around $10,000 each
will you see some shows start to shoot in HD resolution. Right now most if
not all of those shows are shot with Betacam SP recorders as it is still the
defacto standard for freelance crews shooting those types of shows and ALL
of the magazine shows like Dateline, 48 Hours, 60 Minutes, Primetime etc.

Charles Tomaras
Seattle, WA
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
July 21, 2004 11:11:52 PM

Harri85274 wrote:
> Its gotten to the point when i don't know anymore if I'm watching hdtv or sd?
> Usually CBS, who was known for this, shows a logo at the beginning to the
> effect "your watching hdtv by samsung or zenith and etc. I did not see that
> when "Amazing race' came on.

You should be able to tell simply by looking at the picture quality.
That or if the image is pillarboxed (opposite of letterboxed) or not.
!