User Locked - Changed from Home to Network

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

A user on our network changed the purpose of his laptop
from business/network use to home network use via the
Network Identification tab in the System control panel.
In the process, he rebooted, and his password no longer
worked. The domain obviously no longer appears at the
login prompt. Any ideas how I can get into this user's
laptop without rebuilding the whole thing?

Best regards,
Brian

You would need to logon as the built in local administrator account and rejoin the
computer to the domain. If you do not know the local administrators password see the
link below for ways to reset it. You also might want to review whether or not this
user [or any] needs to be a local administrator and/or update your computer use
policy to reflect that this is not allowed . --- Steve

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm