no control panel or my computer

Any time I try to open control panel or my computer, the system hangs for
about 15sec then the display refreshes itself. xp home sp2. Installed
microsoft spyware detect { BETA }

Please describe your hardware setup, especially external devices.

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Please describe your hardware setup, especially external devices.

> "Gummi2000" <Gummi2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Any time I try to open control panel or my computer, the system hangs for
> > about 15sec then the display refreshes itself. xp home sp2. Installed
> > microsoft spyware detect { BETA }
>
> comp is hp 1.8Ghz, 1 Ghz ram, 80 Gb h drive, hp printer, hp scanner, dvd drive, cd rw drive, cordless mouse and keybord logitech.

The first suspect is a scanner. Disconnect the printer and scanner and
test. Re-attach one at a time and retest. Use the Safely Remove Hardware
icon in the notification area by the clock (taskbar right) to remove
peripherals as needed.