Win 2000 Administrator password

My laptop came with Win2000 Pro installed. Default logon
was administrator with no password. I set a password for
Administrator, and also created two users with passwords,
and required guests to have a password. Now it won't let
me log on as administrator with the password that I set.
I can get into the administrator account only through
first logging on as a user. So what happened? What can
I do about it? I set up user accounts only for use while
networking. Nobody but me uses my computer. I network
over a public wifi.
1 answer Last reply
More about 2000 administrator password

    "Leo Horseman" wrote:

    > My laptop came with Win2000 Pro installed. Default logon
    > was administrator with no password. I set a password for
    > Administrator, and also created two users with passwords,
    > and required guests to have a password. Now it won't let
    > me log on as administrator with the password that I set.
    > I can get into the administrator account only through
    > first logging on as a user. So what happened? What can
    > I do about it? I set up user accounts only for use while
    > networking. Nobody but me uses my computer. I network
    > over a public wifi.

    Check your caps lock key. If that isn't it, see here:

    http://securityadmin.info/faq.asp#password

Windows