Win 2000 Administrator password

My laptop came with Win2000 Pro installed. Default logon
was administrator with no password. I set a password for
Administrator, and also created two users with passwords,
and required guests to have a password. Now it won't let
me log on as administrator with the password that I set.
I can get into the administrator account only through
first logging on as a user. So what happened? What can
I do about it? I set up user accounts only for use while
networking. Nobody but me uses my computer. I network
over a public wifi.

"Leo Horseman" wrote:

> My laptop came with Win2000 Pro installed. Default logon
> was administrator with no password. I set a password for
> Administrator, and also created two users with passwords,
> and required guests to have a password. Now it won't let
> me log on as administrator with the password that I set.
> I can get into the administrator account only through
> first logging on as a user. So what happened? What can
> I do about it? I set up user accounts only for use while
> networking. Nobody but me uses my computer. I network
> over a public wifi.

Check your caps lock key. If that isn't it, see here:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.asp#password