skynyrd4212

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
alright i installed vista home premium on the computer i recently built, everythings been working good for the most part. however, the "intel express installer" disc i got with my intel p965lt mobo is not compatible with vista, according to the readme. i couldnt really find anything on intels site. basicly the only reason this is a immediate problem to me now is i want to use a temperature monitoring program. i tried downloading speed fan (didnt work, only showed my hd's temp) also tried downloading a intel control center type of thing, gave me a error saying it can only be used with intel mobos. so im assuming in need the driver for my mobo so the programs can recognize it, correct? i just want to be able to monitor my temps so i can do a little stress testing and see if its stable. everything else seems to work great.

akhilles

Splendid
Since vista driver & software support is lacking right now, the best way to install vista is:

install xp, sp2, xp apps, all updates
upgrade to vista

Worked perfect for my friend's laptop. His old xp apps are running fine in vista.