Issues installing 3C905TX on Win98. HELP..

G

Hi all,

I sure hope you guys will help me in sorting this problem out. I bought a 3C905TX from a friend without the driver disk thinking I could download a copy easily and I wasn't wrong. So slotted in the NIC botted up the COmp in Win98. The NIC being PnP identified the card but was looking for files in Win98 disc I can't find.

So ended up having to click on the cancel button.

I have however gone over the problem by installing the needed file from C:\windows\system, C:\windows, and the drivers from the driver file I downloaded. I had to skip these files as I have no idea where to find them:

protman.exe
protman.dll (I think)
dlhlp.dll (Help file I think)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Mike

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Is the the 3C905BTX or another one? If it's the B, then the drivers are within Windows. I know because I have this card. If not, I'm not sure though.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

Thanks Arrow for replying. Another thing that puzzles me is that in Win2K the card was installed without me lifting a finger but in WIn98 it's looking files I can't find.

The card that I have is the 3C905 TX

When the card is identified by Win98 it's just 905TX. It's not B nor C. Just 905TX. I am vex dude.. I need to get the damn thing working properly.

Thanks for those who have replied.

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
When it asks for those files, enter the path of your Windows or Windows\system directory, I think it's Windows files. Also, you can search your Win98 CD if your network components are not installed.

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

G

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the advice. Believe it or not I was asking it to look in the wrong drive. Har har har har. Just installed a slave and noticed that after sitting there for a while. Simple reasoning sure left my head for a moment thinking what was wrong with this damn thing. :)

Thank anyway, the card is now properly installed and working fine.

Cheers,

Mike