System Share Question

Hi there,

I've got a problem that I'm hoping someone out there may know the answer
to:

On on server, I can connect to the shares I've created on it, but not the
system shares:

\\servername\myshare (works)

\\servername\c$ (doesn't)

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

_Kevin

Hi Kevin,

If you right click on My Computer -> Manage -> Shared Folders -> Shares can
you see C$ share? What is the error that you get if you try to access it? By
default only administrators are allowed to access administrative shares. Are
there any errors in system and application even logs?

Mike

"K Bryan" <KevinNoSPAMMM@campi.org> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I've got a problem that I'm hoping someone out there may know the answer
> to:
>
> On on server, I can connect to the shares I've created on it, but not the
> system shares:
>
> \\servername\myshare (works)
>
> \\servername\c$ (doesn't)
>
> Has anyone ever seen this before?
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> _Kevin

Actually, no it doesn't appear there.

Nothing special in the event logs...

"Miha Pihler" <mihap-news@atlantis.si> wrote in message
> Hi Kevin,
>
> If you right click on My Computer -> Manage -> Shared Folders -> Shares
can
> you see C$ share? What is the error that you get if you try to access it?
By
> default only administrators are allowed to access administrative shares.
Are
> there any errors in system and application even logs?
>
> Mike
>
> "K Bryan" <KevinNoSPAMMM@campi.org> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've got a problem that I'm hoping someone out there may know the
answer
> > to:
> >
> > On on server, I can connect to the shares I've created on it, but not
the
> > system shares:
> >
> > \\servername\myshare (works)
> >
> > \\servername\c$ (doesn't)
> >
> > Has anyone ever seen this before?
> >
> > Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > _Kevin

Can you check this article and check if registry values described in this
article exist on your computer.

HOW TO: Remove Administrative Shares in Windows 2000 or Windows NT 4.0
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318751&Product=win2000