roady

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2005

I'm disabled vet and spend quite a bit of time at the computer. But I have
had this (very annoying) problem for a long time and I just don't know how
to cure it!

I have a few programs that always run in my task bar (A/virus/e-mail caller
id and more) one of the programs I have running is Spambutcher.

Every once in a while, for no reason (that I can see) Spambutcher will
minimize itself to the task bar. When that happens, I have to close
spambutcher and reopen it again so only the icon appears in the taskbar.
After a while, it'll re-minimize itself.

Anyone have any ideas why this happens?

Thank you!

Have you contacted the company at support@spambutcher.com? Your issue does
not appear in the FAQ's at http://www.spambutcher.com/support.html, so I
suggest you email them. This does not appear to be an XP issue.

"Roady" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm disabled vet and spend quite a bit of time at the computer. But I
> have had this (very annoying) problem for a long time and I just don't
> know how to cure it!
>
> I have a few programs that always run in my task bar (A/virus/e-mail
> caller id and more) one of the programs I have running is Spambutcher.
>
> Every once in a while, for no reason (that I can see) Spambutcher will
> minimize itself to the task bar. When that happens, I have to close
> spambutcher and reopen it again so only the icon appears in the taskbar.
> After a while, it'll re-minimize itself.
>
> Anyone have any ideas why this happens?
>
> Thank you!

I have never tried that application, but microsoft has released a free
antispyware program that works ok.

There is a choice to validate your windows, if you do not wish to do it,
you can select the "No, do not validate Windows at this time, but take me to
the download." option.