HIS Radeon X1950PRO 512MB IceQ3 Turbo card requirements

dmetria

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Hello!

I am upgrading my pc with the above mentioned card ( HIS Hightech H195PRQT512DDAN-R Radeon X1950PRO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X IceQ3 Turbo HDCP Video Card)

I know that the PCI version of this card required a "molex" 6pin-4pin adapter, but does the agp version require it as well?

Also, I have seen mixed answers on what Power Supply would be required. Some say 450w w/12v rail - some say 550w w/12v rail.

Thanks!

dmetria

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Well... yes. Except if you notice I asked about the AGP version.. not the PCI-E one! :? here is the correct item http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161069

Yes, the picture does show a 6pin molex. I have seen alot of people saying that this adapter that is needed is not provided however.

Also, I saw people saying 420w power supply minimum.

If someone else has this card, or more experience with it - please let me know. Thanks.

Here is my current config, its like 4 years old, all I am looking to upgrade is the crappy nVidia card. I am doing this to play VG exclusively :D

Operating System
System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor a
Main Circuit Board b
2.60 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Board: http://www.abit.com.tw/ IS7/IS7-G/IS7-E(Intel i865-ICH5) 1.0

Bus Clock: 200 megahertz

BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 06/10/2003

Drives
Memory Modules c,d
164.69 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
80.78 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

SONY CD-RW CRX320E [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

HDS722580VLAT20 [Hard drive] (82.35 GB) -- drive 0, s/n VNR21FC2RV7U1L, rev V32OA60A, SMART Status: Healthy

HDS722580VLAT20 [Hard drive] (82.35 GB) -- drive 1, s/n VNR21FC2RBM5YM, rev V32OA60A, SMART Status: Healthy

2048 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 512 MB
Slot 'A1' has 512 MB
Slot 'A2' has 512 MB
Slot 'A3' has 512 MB

Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 82.34 GB 30.14 GB free
d: (NTFS on drive 1) 82.34 GB 50.63 GB free

My current power supply is probably a 300w or 350w. I only use this computer for gaming, and run only 1 game at a time or browse the net seperately kind of thing.

I know thats a bit messy. Its from Belarc.

Thanks!

dmetria

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Wolf.... I read your other post...............

All I can say is.... bleh. Thanks for trying to help... but the fact that you can't figure out your own problem doesn't exactly inspire me to think you have "experience" with this card which is new to you as well. LOL

I don't care about your petty arguments with the other forum denizens, as far as I have seen, they know what they are talking about - you should try listening to them instead of being some bull-headed old coot.

dmetria

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Mp - I'll look at the link, I basically just needed to know the minimum it required, since I don't have the box yet. (It arrives today hopefully!) Thanks for the advice on the adapter, I just saw reviews that alot of HIS customers did not receive theirs! :cry:

Everything I order has to be online, I live in a crappy little town in California LOL. Another 3-4 days until Vanguard for me, sigh.

dmetria

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
LOL, I see you changed your comment Worf101. I did see the first one :p

Thanks Mp. I'll probably go with the Enermax NT then. I'm on a crappy budget hehe. New on Ebay they run $14.00 w/shipping, or I can go Silverstone 850w supply for $24.00. Have not decided yet! Which one is a better company in your opinion??

QuietFreek

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
just a quick heads up ive had no end of trouble with this cooler. the first one i had the fan bearing became so stiff it jammed and cooked the card within 2 weeks of getting it. and the second one developed a horific tick again form the fan within a month or so. if i could i would avoid at all costs.

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Wolf.... I read your other post...............

All I can say is.... bleh. Thanks for trying to help... but the fact that you can't figure out your own problem doesn't exactly inspire me to think you have "experience" with this card which is new to you as well. LOL

I don't care about your petty arguments with the other forum denizens, as far as I have seen, they know what they are talking about - you should try listening to them instead of being some bull-headed old coot.
Try reading the rest of the thread. You'll see I solved my problem and in the end I was right. It was the driver. Don't be fooled by attitudes and post counts my friend. Some times a fool with a high post count is stil a fool.

Da Worfster

dmetria

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Worf101: Uhm... at the time I posted that Mr. Smarty-pants, it hadn't been "solved" yet. And frankly, it is quite pathetic you having that
prove-someone-wrong attitude towards people. You fixed your problem, good for you! On the other hand, I don't give a flying f-k what it ended up being, LOL. At the time I posted that quote you posted, it was relevant to the information both you, and the other posters had provided. Stop trolling old comments.... I guess that must be what old people do with their time now!

On a more relevant note, I have decided upon the Antec Truepower Trio power supply! It seemed like the best choice, and after looking at the nifty psu guide provided, the 12v rails will be able to handle my card :D

Somehow... I have a feeling that I will not have the same problems as Mr. Forum troller :lol: (and don't say i'm trolling, because I set this to auto-email when I get replies! hehe!)

End of subject, shooooooo forum trolls.....

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
My last power supply was an Antec NeoPower with the modular system. It worked quite well. Oh, and I do hope you manage to grow up someday.

Da Worfster

dmetria

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
LOL Worf... says the kettle to the pot.....

I happen to be quite mature, not that it matters in the cyber community. I suppose if someone who is married, doesn't pop out 20 kids to get on welfare, has never been drunk or high on any drugs = immature? 8O Cool to know! hehe.

I would think that possibly your misleading comment of how I should grow up could perhaps be because I hurt your old guy feelings. /pats on back

Calm down grandpa, i'll get you a cup of decaf coffee ok?

Besides the point, I tend to not take this stuff seriously as you do! LOL. Have a good day gramps!! Ta Ta