Logon restriction

I would like to restrict my user to logon to the server
only at one workstation at any point in time. They
presently login to the server from as many workstation as
conviniet for them simultanaously. I prefer them to be
forced to log out from one workstation before they can log
on to the server from another wroksation.

I run windows 2000 server sp 4

shola

Olushola wrote:

> I would like to restrict my user to logon to the server
> only at one workstation at any point in time. They
> presently login to the server from as many workstation as
> conviniet for them simultanaously. I prefer them to be
> forced to log out from one workstation before they can log
> on to the server from another wroksation.
>
> I run windows 2000 server sp 4
Hi

Nothing builtin that can help you here I'm afraid (but I think
Microsoft is going to release something next year that supports this).

The UserLock product in the link below is an option
http://www.softwareshelf.com/products/display.asp?p=42

Microsoft's current solution:

You could install the CCONNECT Microsoft Resource Kit utility onto every
computer, it is in the Win2k Server Resource Kit, Supplement 1 (pay ware, and
you will need a SQL server database as well).

More about CCONNECT here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3F5CE888.8A3EE8D3%40hydro.com

Here is a third option you might get to work:

Tip 296 at http://www.jsiinc.com/

0296 » A better way to prevent a user from logging on more than once.
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBA/tip0200/rh0296.htm

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: