Can't log in after password expires

I have the administrative rights to my user computers on
Windows 2000 server. Once the user passwords fully expire
they are prompted to change it. Upon changing it, they
are still not allowed to log in which case they have to
come to the admin computer and have it manualy change
from there.

Is there a way or a setting that will enable the users to
just change the password from their workstation once the
password expires?

Thanks,

Alex
1 answer Last reply
More about password expires

    What is the exact error message they get and what is the operating system of
    the computer they are logging onto? Make sure that users are allowed to
    change passwords by checking their computer account/account/properties to
    verify that their account is not configured to not allow user to change
    password. Can they change their passwords before they expire after logging
    onto their computer and using ctrl-alt-delete?? Enable auditing of account
    logon and account management events in the Domain Controller Security policy
    and look for related events when a user experiences this to see if any of
    the events in the security log give a clue and also check the system and
    application logs of the domain controllers for any errors that may be
    related. --- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/secmod144.mspx

    "Aleshka" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have the administrative rights to my user computers on
    > Windows 2000 server. Once the user passwords fully expire
    > they are prompted to change it. Upon changing it, they
    > are still not allowed to log in which case they have to
    > come to the admin computer and have it manualy change
    > from there.
    >
    > Is there a way or a setting that will enable the users to
    > just change the password from their workstation once the
    > password expires?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Alex

Login Windows