is this psu up to the task?

pjplayer

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
edit: sorry, i meant to post this in reply to a very similar thread, but i started a new thread by accident.

i've backed myself into a corner somewhat with a computer i'm building for a friend.

i have pretty much followed the spec of the machine overclockers guide in that i'm planning to get:

-Intel Core 2 DUO E6300 "LGA775 Allendale" 1.86GHz (1066FSB)
-Gigabyte GA_965P_DS3 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
-OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC2-6400 Dual Channel Platinum Revision 2 XTC Series DDR2
-Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 256MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI
-Zalman CNPS7700-CU Ultra-Quiet CPU Cooler

but.... because i'm already over his budget i've had to go for a case and psu combination from Antec: this one

i'm hoping to overclock the cpu and memory and add the following peripherals:

1x sata hd
1x dvd+-RW
1x wireless pci card

so my question is, am i asking for trouble combining this psu with these components and a spot of overclocking, or will everything be fine? i found a review of the case here but it didn't really help me to decide either way. any advice would be greatly appreciated as my friend is keen to go ahead right away.

pjplayer

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
thanks for that. i should've said that i checked that out already and it seemed ok, but made me worry about the ampage i would require, and the ampage that the psu could actually supply over its two rails. i read psu 101 but it's not entirely clear to me how i work it out.

pjplayer

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
thanks for the great and clear advice. i've gone for the enermax liberty 400W which by my calculations should do nicely.

cheers!