Users can't change password at logon

Hello All,

I have setup a new domain controller on a win2k HP DL380
G3 box in two of my remote locations. However, when I
remote control these machines and go to Active Directory
to configure a user account, I do not get the Security
tab. I need the Security tab to allow certain user
permissions such as to change password. The change
password restriction is disallowing my users to change
their password at logon.

The unusual thing is that my primary domain controller in
my home location and an older domain controller in
another remote location both on IBM Netfinity boxes allow
users to change their passwords because they show the
Security tab and allow me to change the permissions.

What could be so different now then before when I
configured my domain controller and active directory
services. How do I get my Security tab back?

Majid

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you miss security tab in Active Directory
Users and Computers?

Can you open AD Users and Computers and click on View and check that
Advanced Features are enabled. Now you should be able to see security tab.

I hope this helps,

Mike

"Majid Hameed" <mhameed@centennialcollege.ca> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I have setup a new domain controller on a win2k HP DL380
> G3 box in two of my remote locations. However, when I
> remote control these machines and go to Active Directory
> to configure a user account, I do not get the Security
> tab. I need the Security tab to allow certain user
> permissions such as to change password. The change
> password restriction is disallowing my users to change
> their password at logon.
>
> The unusual thing is that my primary domain controller in
> my home location and an older domain controller in
> another remote location both on IBM Netfinity boxes allow
> users to change their passwords because they show the
> Security tab and allow me to change the permissions.
>
> What could be so different now then before when I
> configured my domain controller and active directory
> services. How do I get my Security tab back?
>
> Majid

Thanks!

I think its time I upgraded my cert to MCSE2000, eh?

Majid

Or 2003 :)